Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   Love my CX5 Touring (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/love-my-cx5-touring-41940/)

rainskei 05-06-2019 09:54 AM

Love my CX5 Touring

Been driving my new Touring, Machine gray, for over a week now and am still finding new reasons to like it. Took it up to the mountains (Colorado front range) and it zipped along at 70 mph on extended steep climbs. Bonus: great fun to down shift when descending! (Drove a 2018 CRV-EX before and its CVT was... well useless in the fun category. Sounded like I was driving a Vespa.). This car is just plain great!

I'm getting it tricked out: Weather Techs and doorsills so far.Clear bra and cargo cover this week. Splash guards soon.

I have a question. I like the look of the roof rails and want to put them on just for that reason. I don't plan to actually heave anything up there. Is this aesthetically worthy? Opinions appreciated.

schmieg 05-06-2019 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rainskei (Post 174663)
Been driving my new Touring, Machine gray, for over a week now and am still finding new reasons to like it. Took it up to the mountains (Colorado front range) and it zipped along at 70 mph on extended steep climbs. Bonus: great fun to down shift when descending! (Drove a 2018 CRV-EX before and its CVT was... well useless in the fun category. Sounded like I was driving a Vespa.). This car is just plain great!

I'm getting it tricked out: Weather Techs and doorsills so far.Clear bra and cargo cover this week. Splash guards soon.

I have a question. I like the look of the roof rails and want to put them on just for that reason. I don't plan to actually heave anything up there. Is this aesthetically worthy? Opinions appreciated.

Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder. If you like it, do it. I got the rack on mine as part of my purchase deal so I can carry a canoe. I use my Jeep as my primary carry vehicle, but if we are canoeing a river, it's nice to have a carry vehicle at the end as well as at the beginning <grin>. My hard shell Thule roof carrier fits well on both the Jeep and CX5 as well, so that's an added bonus. Some people don't like the racks, but I really don't care because I want them.

Shanecx7 05-06-2019 08:41 PM

If you like them I suggest go for it! There's nothing better than driving a car that you appreciate. I'm going to get some Thule Roof racks on mine, I think it looks way more sporty and at the same time very handy!

mazdaCPA 05-07-2019 06:02 PM

I read your post yesterday. Today, every CX-5 I passed looked like it needed roof rails. I say go for it. I believe that not too long ago, all top trim SUVs had roof rails while all base models did not. They add to the look, in my opinion.

Go for it if it is what you want.