Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   How to tell which instrument cluster I have? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/how-tell-instrument-cluster-i-have-52601/)

olias 09-09-2023 04:51 PM

How to tell which instrument cluster I have?

Probably a stupid question, but I just bought a 2024 CX 5, and the owner's manual shows 3 different types of instrument cluster. How do you tell which type you have?

Mazdaon 09-09-2023 05:04 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Type A
Attachment 8910
Type B
Attachment 8911
Type C
Attachment 8912

olias 09-09-2023 07:24 PM

But how do you tell the difference?

I saw that picture in my owner's manual, but I still don't know how to tell which one is in my auto.

Lobstah 09-10-2023 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by olias (Post 219443)
I saw that picture in my owner's manual, but I still don't know how to tell which one is in my auto.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but...
If you really can't tell which you have after looking at the pictures you probably shouldn't be driving your vehicle or any vehicle until you can, as it's really pretty straight forward.
You can also take a picture of your instrument cluster and post it here and someone can tell you what you have.
Or you could ask the dealer you purchased it from.

Alexmed2002 09-10-2023 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah (Post 219450)
I don't want to sound like a jerk but...
If you really can't tell which you have after looking at the pictures you probably shouldn't be driving your vehicle or any vehicle until you can, as it's really pretty straight forward.

Someone had to say it for all of us lmao.

dannyw 09-10-2023 09:45 AM

Don’t feel bad. I have had several Mazda vehicles and loved them all, but IMHO their user manuals are horrible. Yes they are very thick and give all of the information you could possibly need but the organization and dim illustrations (instead of actual pictures) can be extremely frustrating. In this case types B and C look very similar and require you to turn to the appropriate section to get a better idea of the actual details of the display. Even more frustrating is the fact that the manuals seem to be written to cover every conceivable trim level the world over, and often implies that features that are common to all US models may be optional or not available on your model. Why can’t we have a manual that only covers the models sold here (or wherever you live)?

Alexmed2002 09-10-2023 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by dannyw (Post 219454)
Why can’t we have a manual that only covers the models sold here (or wherever you live)?

$$$$$.

dannyw 09-10-2023 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002 (Post 219458)
$$$$$.

Every other car manufacturer seems to manage just fine, so why can’t Mazda do the same?

BWJ 09-10-2023 02:38 PM

The gray arears are digital, on the 3 types, easy to tell if you haven't turn the ignition key, then there er nothing in the place.

Dennis Wendt 09-10-2023 05:37 PM

Just click through the choices and pick one.
The 'info' button on the left side changes the instrument display.

My 2¢