Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faux Wood Trim in 2017 CX-5 (Anyone wrap it?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:38 AM
Default Faux Wood Trim in 2017 CX-5 (Anyone wrap it?)

A week ago I bought a 2017 GT with premium package and I'm definitely in love. Well, mostly. lol

I'm not crazy about only three things: NAV sticking out of the dash, the pizza wheels, and the faux wood trim in the interior. I figure there isn't much I can do about the NAV position...I don't have the $ at the moment to deal with the pizza wheels. But I think I'd like to vinyl wrap the faux wood trim.

Has anyone here done this? Did you do it in place, or did you remove the trim and then wrap it? I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this. Also, has anyone removed the clear acrylic puck that is over the emblem on the grill? I'm thinking of dipping it, but I realize that the adaptive cruise control sensors are somewhere up in there so I don't want to remove the emblem, just the clear acrylic.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Old 09-03-2017, 09:23 AM

I wrapped the piano black horizontal dash trim on my gen 1 CX-5. You have to remove it in order to do it. I recommend using ViVid (a Canadian firm) vinyl wrap. Their web site is full of helpful tips an their customer service is excellent. As for the front emblem, don't even think of dipping the acrylic cover. The front camera hides behind it and you would lose all functionality of all that nanny-gear you paid so dearly for!

Old 09-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Default Thanks...

I appreciate your response. I do know about Vvivid and their wraps, it's definitely a possibility at this point. And omg...I didn't /mean/ that I would dip the puck!! I can see how it read that way, though. Totally my fault. lol With that said, I'm not a complete idiot.

I was talking about removing it to get to the badge to potentially do something with the badge itself. Knowing me, it will probably involve an obscene number of Swarovski crystals that won't at all necessitate removing the badge itself or obscuring any of the sensors.

I did dip my rims this past weekend. So much fun, so easy, and wow....no longer look like pizza wheels!! Hooray!!

Old 09-16-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by girlsaidwhat
I appreciate your response. I do know about Vvivid and their wraps, it's definitely a possibility at this point. And omg...I didn't /mean/ that I would dip the puck!! I can see how it read that way, though. Totally my fault. lol With that said, I'm not a complete idiot.

I was talking about removing it to get to the badge to potentially do something with the badge itself. Knowing me, it will probably involve an obscene number of Swarovski crystals that won't at all necessitate removing the badge itself or obscuring any of the sensors.

I did dip my rims this past weekend. So much fun, so easy, and wow....no longer look like pizza wheels!! Hooray!!

Can you share a photo of your rims?