Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Floor Mat Anchors

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Default Floor Mat Anchors

Just picked up new CX 5 today . Can't figure out floor mat anchors . One of the plastic retaining circles was loose so tried to push it on the post with rubber mat in place . Couldn't get it to snap, so tried messing with it without the mat over the post . It snapped onto post but now I can't get it off the post nor can I release other rings that are holding the mat in place . What's the secret ? Owners manual by the way, just shows the post sticking through hole in the mat . Nothing about snaps .

Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM

Never mind. Figured it out.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM

Well please share because I have already broken one of the clips trying to remove my mats.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by CoSCX-5
Well please share because I have already broken one of the clips trying to remove my mats.
Most people are using a large flat-blade screwdriver to push down on the post while pushing up on the mat from underneath. It's not a great set-up, buy you can be sure your mat will never end up bunched up under the accelerator pedal a-la Toyota!

Last edited by paris1; 04-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 AM

The arrangement seems unnecessarily complicated . All you need is a hook on the floor and a hole in the mat to go over the hook . In fact, that is what is shown in the owner's manual . I guess the lawyers got to them after the catalog was printed. My problem was that I had one of these clips loose and could not get the other one free to see how it worked .The plastic snap is two piece. One piece is on top of the hole in the mat and the other below it sort of like a sandwich . That then snaps onto the post . In my case , the top piece was lying loose in the floor and the bottom piece was snapped onto the post . It was not until I got the other one free using the above mentioned screwdriver method and could see how it worked , that I got it fixed . By the way , I do not recommend the $80 all weather mats . They are made of a black rubber that scuffs if you look at it . Don't know how I am going to clean them . It needs to be made of a slicker compound as are most mats .

Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Old Doc
By the way , I do not recommend the $80 all weather mats . They are made of a black rubber that scuffs if you look at it .
Which ones? Ones from Mazda?
I love mine, mine are aftermarket.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Which ones? Ones from Mazda?
I love mine, mine are aftermarket.
Factory All Weather mats in black .

Old 04-27-2013, 09:56 PM

I twist the mats at the anchor then lift and that seems to works for me

Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 AM

Not sure what you mean . When you say "twist" do you mean lifting mat up at the corner or turning it in a horizontal fashion . Hard to do the latter when it is anchored in place at two points .

Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Old Doc
Not sure what you mean . When you say "twist" do you mean lifting mat up at the corner or turning it in a horizontal fashion . Hard to do the latter when it is anchored in place at two points .
it's sort of placing my thumb on the center of the ring and anchor, then grabbing the side closest to my thumb with my other fingers and bending the mat upwards towards the thumb. Kind of like in a bottle opener fashsion with my thumb as the pivot. That's what I found works for me.

Quick Reply: Floor Mat Anchors