Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 CX5 GT (Australia) - nav system not accepting voice commands

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Default 2016 CX5 GT (Australia) - nav system not accepting voice commands

After 3 years of good service the voice command function of navigation system does not work. When asked to give new address, the system responds with "ADDRESS NOT FOUND" but with step by step address entry the system will find the state eg NSW but when given the town name eg SYDNEY, the system responds with "ITEM NOT FOUND". The navigation system works well when address is inputted manually and the voice recognition system has no problem working with telephone contacts and connects without issue. Took vehicle to local dealer who updated all software but could offer no expanation as to why voice recognition of nav system is not working.

Given that I purchased the vehicle new with these features available, I find it unacceptable to be told by the dealer that I purchased it from that they cannot restore the system to function fully.

Has anyone suffered similar issues or can offer suggestions to fix?

Old 07-14-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cubozoa
After 3 years of good service the voice command function of navigation system does not work. When asked to give new address, the system responds with "ADDRESS NOT FOUND" but with step by step address entry the system will find the state eg NSW but when given the town name eg SYDNEY, the system responds with "ITEM NOT FOUND". The navigation system works well when address is inputted manually and the voice recognition system has no problem working with telephone contacts and connects without issue. Took vehicle to local dealer who updated all software but could offer no expanation as to why voice recognition of nav system is not working.

Given that I purchased the vehicle new with these features available, I find it unacceptable to be told by the dealer that I purchased it from that they cannot restore the system to function fully.

Has anyone suffered similar issues or can offer suggestions to fix?
I had a similar problem with my Grand Cherokee a number of years ago and it turned out to be a corruption of one of the map software modules.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:46 AM

Thanks Schmieg for your prompt response - very much appreciated. I will go back to my dealer and see what response I receive. Will let you know.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cubozoa
Thanks Schmieg for your prompt response - very much appreciated. I will go back to my dealer and see what response I receive. Will let you know.
Good luck.