Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by out2sea
iPod issues were resolved after part installed but Bluetooth phone not working-won't sync now. Anyone experience this issue
Did they replace the Bluetooth module? If so, go to the Mazda website and see if your phone is compatible with the Bluetooth. Chances are, it's not and Mazda knows this but doesn't tell you until after you buy the car and complain repeatedly. I've been complaining ever since I bought this crappy POS.

First they tried to tell me my phone (iPhone 5S) was too old but when I told them their tech's iPhone 6 was also not compatible, they then blamed Apple. It's complete and utter nonsense coming from Mazda but that's how they are. They don't give a damn once the car is sold.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:16 PM

Yes module replaced. iPhone 6 compatible but indicates Mazda not in range error. Guess back to dealer

Originally Posted by Bull427
Did they replace the Bluetooth module? If so, go to the Mazda website and see if your phone is compatible with the Bluetooth. Chances are, it's not and Mazda knows this but doesn't tell you until after you buy the car and complain repeatedly. I've been complaining ever since I bought this crappy POS.

First they tried to tell me my phone (iPhone 5S) was too old but when I told them their tech's iPhone 6 was also not compatible, they then blamed Apple. It's complete and utter nonsense coming from Mazda but that's how they are. They don't give a damn once the car is sold.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:47 AM

It's complete and utter nonsense coming from Mazda but that's how they are. They don't give a damn once the car is sold.
I'm having the same experience, on a slightly different matter with my 2016 CX5 GT.

I read through this thread. Amazing. Glad everything eventually worked out, but it's astounding that so many people had the same problem, and even had to start online petitions to get Mazda to address the issue.

I bought my CX5 largely on the reviews at Car and Driver -- I should have done more research. I feel like I made a terrible mistake, and the confrontational, dishonest, unhelpful responses from Mazda support have just made things worse.

Here's how dumb they are: The service agent would not, of course, provide his full name. Today he sent me a pdf, which of course has his full name in the meta tags. He probably had a coronary when I responded to his latest (dishonest) message with his full name.

What a shame. It appears that the engineering in Japan is top-notch, but the US operations are a total disaster.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Yeltneb
I'm having the same experience, on a slightly different matter with my 2016 CX5 GT.

I read through this thread. Amazing. Glad everything eventually worked out, but it's astounding that so many people had the same problem, and even had to start online petitions to get Mazda to address the issue.

I bought my CX5 largely on the reviews at Car and Driver -- I should have done more research. I feel like I made a terrible mistake, and the confrontational, dishonest, unhelpful responses from Mazda support have just made things worse.

Here's how dumb they are: The service agent would not, of course, provide his full name. Today he sent me a pdf, which of course has his full name in the meta tags. He probably had a coronary when I responded to his latest (dishonest) message with his full name.

What a shame. It appears that the engineering in Japan is top-notch, but the US operations are a total disaster.
I feel the same way. Reviews on Consumer Reports were better than the Honda CRV (I'm a Honda guy) so I went with it - plus I wasn't impressed with the CRV after test driving one. What a mistake that was. Should've stayed with Honda. Mazda just doesn't give a damn and their incompetence is only surpassed by their arrogance. This goes from corporate right down to the dealership.

Case in point: I complained repeatedly about static on the allegedly HD Bose stereo when listening to regular radio. The dealer told me it's weak signals coming from the stations which was total and utter B.S. because the signal is fine in my 2003 Honda Odyssey. Then they claimed they tested other Mazda vehicle and they all sounded the same - static. Well, not 8 months to the day after I bought this POS, the battery died. Replaced the battery and guess what? No more static.

Never, EVER again with Mazda.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:02 PM

Never, EVER again with Mazda.
Agreed.

I have to say, however, that the dealership was pretty good. And the salesman was first-rate. Seriously one of the best I've ever worked with.

Mazda USA corporate has been an utter embarrassment. The contrast could not be greater.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:05 PM

Agreed.

I have to say, however, that the dealership was pretty good. And the salesman was first-rate. Seriously one of the best I've ever worked with.

Mazda USA corporate has been an utter embarrassment. The contrast could not be greater.
I can't step foot in the dealership I bought from. If I do, I'll end up in handcuffs. They are that bad.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 PM

My iPod isn't working again neither is Bluetooth so back to dealer

Agreed.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by out2sea
My iPod isn't working again neither is Bluetooth so back to dealer
Let us know the results. Really irritates that the iPod in my wife's '14 CX-5 probably works no better than the original one, maybe worse. Her son's '15 Mazda6 also performs poorly with the replacement module.

Other than that, the CX-5 is an excellent vehicle.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:51 AM

i got rid of my 2014/15 cx5 as it was driving me mad .i know have the 2015/16 revamp model with the new system and all is great .also the adaptive lighting system is amazing

Old 02-03-2016, 06:48 PM

I have a 2014 CX-5 GT and my wife has a 2015 6 GT. Both have the Tom Tom NB1 infotainment system.

Last Friday, the Pandora app in both cars quit working. Bluetooth audio (and hands-free functionality) works fine, but switching to the Pandora app causes the app to crash, which switches the NB1 back to FM radio and resets the bluetooth connection to the phone. I figured the issue was due to the phones (both are iPhone 6 phones running iOS 9.2 and Pandora 6.8) receiving a bad update, but I paired up an older android phone (with an older Pandora version 6.3), and the integrated car Pandora app still crashes. I'm not sure what to do, since I was under the impression that the car infotainment system does not auto-update, so I'm not sure what would cause both to stop working. The only thing that was done on the day that both stopped working was disconnect and re-pairing a phone.

Are any other NB1 users experiencing similar issues with the integrated Pandora functionality? Or does anybody know how to do a full factory reset of the infotainment system?

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD