Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Default Keyless locking

I have a 2013 CX5 i got out of the car with the remote key and walked about 6ft away while my wife had the back open getting the bags out. When we got back to the car we found all doors were unlocked. I tried it again and found that if you walk away with the key while the back is open the car does not lock even after you close it. Check this out i have had the CX5 since September 2013 and i had never noticed it before.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:58 AM

result !!!!
i read on here that as from this year some time that mazda will be replacing the system in all new mazda 6 and cx5 that come off the production line .i was contacted by mazda uk after placing a complaint and was told this is true .i said what about my car and they said it would be called in for a replacement to be fitted ,this would be done in vin number order .and should be done this year .they are testing the new system now and it should be ready to be fitted with in 6 ish weeks .i hope this is also the case for the rest of the world .fingers crossed

Old 02-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Good News for you in GB Ian!

Unfortunately I have heard no such good news here in the USA.

I wrote a letter to the US President of Mazda but have received no reply.

A sad state of affairs for a company trying to build a new reputation and heavily advertising the RX5.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 AM

If Mazda was smart they would do the same in the US.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Default Audio issues on new CX-5

Hello all.. bought my first Mazda last week and while the driving portion in week 1 has exceeded all my expectations (snowy Denver roads no match for the car so far) the sound quality of the stereo and ipod navigation leaves a ton to be desired. Does anyone else have the problem of pushing play on a song in a playlist and it plays a completely different song? So odd.. I'll probably just use bluetooth from now on.. but plugging the iPhone into that USB port is just 5 minutes of spinning wheel frustration....

If anyone has a "fix" for making single statement wireless phonecalls let me know.. "phone call XXX mobile" has never worked... I've tried about every other variation but no luck...

Bose can't be happy about having all that sound come out of essentially one dash center speaker... seriously??

Thankfully the roominess, blindspot indicators, rearview camera and handling make the pain a little less...

Looking forward to going thru the threads around here...
Greg

Old 02-10-2014, 06:06 AM

my fingers are crossed for you all across the pond and i hope its sorted soon .i will let you know when its done (if) we will wait to see if they for-fill their promise .watch this space

Old 02-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Default Update ssp!!!!

Just got this letter today in the mail:

Dear Jason

Mazda Motor Corporation has decided to conduct a Special Service Program on selected Mazda vehicles equipped with TomTom navigation. As a preventative measure, we would like to update the software program within the TomTom module. Our records show that you are the owner of one of the affected vehicles (Rego No).

Nature of Concern

Mazda are taking a proactive approach to address some minor operating issues with the TomTom navigation system. Even if you have not experienced any issues, Mazda would like to conduct a system upgrade to ensure it operates correctly.

Action Required

We ask that you contact your local Mazda Dealer, (see list of contacts on the back of this letter) as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to have the required remedial work completed. Your Mazda dealer will upgrade the TomTom Navigation software to the latest level. All work required will be performed free of charge to yourself.

As the required time to conduct this SSP is relatively short, your Mazda Dealer will ensure the work is done while you wait to minimise any inconvenience. However we would value your patience and understanding as dealers will need to plan their work-loads accordingly to process the affected vehicles.

If you no longer own this vehicle or have any questions relating to this work, could you please let us know by calling our toll free number 0800 800 626.

At Mazda, we are committed to safety, durability and performance of your vehicle and thank you for your co-operation in this matter. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused by this system upgrade.

Yours Sincerely

John Van der Velden
NATIONAL SERVICE MANAGER

So I've booked my CX-9 in on Monday morning, I'll let you know how I get on. It doesn't specifically talk about an update to fix the iPod problems but I'm hoping this update will fix that..

Old 02-13-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by jasonwe2013
Just got this letter today in the mail:

Dear Jason

Mazda Motor Corporation has decided to conduct a Special Service Program on selected Mazda vehicles equipped with TomTom navigation. As a preventative measure, we would like to update the software program within the TomTom module. Our records show that you are the owner of one of the affected vehicles (Rego No).

Nature of Concern

Mazda are taking a proactive approach to address some minor operating issues with the TomTom navigation system. Even if you have not experienced any issues, Mazda would like to conduct a system upgrade to ensure it operates correctly.

Action Required

We ask that you contact your local Mazda Dealer, (see list of contacts on the back of this letter) as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to have the required remedial work completed. Your Mazda dealer will upgrade the TomTom Navigation software to the latest level. All work required will be performed free of charge to yourself.

As the required time to conduct this SSP is relatively short, your Mazda Dealer will ensure the work is done while you wait to minimise any inconvenience. However we would value your patience and understanding as dealers will need to plan their work-loads accordingly to process the affected vehicles.

If you no longer own this vehicle or have any questions relating to this work, could you please let us know by calling our toll free number 0800 800 626.

At Mazda, we are committed to safety, durability and performance of your vehicle and thank you for your co-operation in this matter. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused by this system upgrade.

Yours Sincerely

John Van der Velden
NATIONAL SERVICE MANAGER

So I've booked my CX-9 in on Monday morning, I'll let you know how I get on. It doesn't specifically talk about an update to fix the iPod problems but I'm hoping this update will fix that..
Are you in the US? I called Mazda support yesterday and they did not say anything about an update. They said they are not aware on what's going on with the update.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Default Mazda repair

This I believe is aplies to UK.

Also this only refers to cars with Tom Tom which is the navigation package.

My car and many others with problems are with the Bose audio and basic system.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by nhbob
This I believe is applies to UK.

Also this only refers to cars with Tom Tom which is the navigation package.

My car and many others with problems are with the Bose audio and basic system.
What is the reason for this update/replacement to the TomTom unit?

Apart from i-pod and bluetooth music starting at the same track every time in the case of later units which is separate from TomTom, I thought all TomTom problems had been eradicated?

If there is to be an update or whatever it is they propose, I have the luxury of my music restarting from where it left off. I hope that if this includes earlier units the music starting from the beginning is not added as a "new feature". Even worse if they decide to follow the American model and not allow us to reset or amend journeys whilst on the move.

Does any one know why this has come about?

Alex

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD