Mazda CX-3 Engineered with breakthrough SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, the CX-3 subcompact crossover delivers unmatched driving dynamics right alongside outstanding fuel economy.

Infotainment system issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Unhappy Infotainment system issue.

Good day. I am from South Africa and its great to be part of the forum. Thank you in advance for any advice given.

My usb ports stop working out of nowhere. I was driving back home when the usb just stopped reading music. I have confirmed by using another flash drive and tested the one I had been using for the past year (It works fine). Now the funny part is that those Usb ports still charge my phone but it won't read data from my flash drive.
When I plugged in another usb I noticed the light on the flash drives comes on briefly and then goes out.

I have done some research but I can't find a solid answer on what might cause it.
Things I have tried.
Checked the possible fuses that might have blown.
Disconnected the negative lead for 10 Mins.
Tried other flash drives.
I tried resetting the infotainment system.
Shut off my bluetooth and inserted the drive before turning the vehicle on.

No of these things worked, I just find it strange that it still charges my phone which in my mind means the ports still work? Is there someway I could have turned the the usb's off or maybe changed them into another mode by mistake?

Hopefully we can get is sorted because I am out of ideas.

Kind regards

Old 09-13-2018, 12:16 PM

You tried everything I would have tried and a few additional great ideas. It may be time to call the dealership, however, they are typically more ready to handle mechanical issues than they are to handle infotainment issues. You may have to call a few dealerships before you find someone who knows how the system works or have them refer you to the local shop they refer infotainment issues to.

If it is still under warranty, you should keep the pressure on the dealership until they resolve the issue. If not, and they don't have a suggestion, you may be better off connecting to you phone through Bluetooth and access your files from there.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:38 AM

Good day

I apologize for the late reply.
I got the issue resolved by removing the head unit and unplugging is for about 1 min. Both usb ports now work.

Regards

Old 02-22-2019, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kudu
Good day. I am from South Africa and its great to be part of the forum. Thank you in advance for any advice given.

My usb ports stop working out of nowhere. I was driving back home when the usb just stopped reading music. I have confirmed by using another flash drive and tested the one I had been using for the past year (It works fine). Now the funny part is that those Usb ports still charge my phone but it won't read data from my flash drive.
When I plugged in another usb I noticed the light on the flash drives comes on briefly and then goes out.

I have done some research but I can't find a solid answer on what might cause it.
Things I have tried.
Checked the possible fuses that might have blown.
Disconnected the negative lead for 10 Mins.
Tried other flash drives.
I tried resetting the infotainment system.
Shut off my bluetooth and inserted the drive before turning the vehicle on.

No of these things worked, I just find it strange that it still charges my phone which in my mind means the ports still work? Is there someway I could have turned the the usb's off or maybe changed them into another mode by mistake?

Hopefully we can get is sorted because I am out of ideas.

Kind regards
Yes!!! I have had the same issue!!!
Surely it must be a known problem with Mazda.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kudu
Good day

I apologize for the late reply.
I got the issue resolved by removing the head unit and unplugging is for about 1 min. Both usb ports now work.

Regards
How does one remove the head unit please??

Thank you