Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-323-mazda-626-mazda-929-24/)
-   -   UK - immobiliser problem or not???? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-323-mazda-626-mazda-929-24/uk-immobiliser-problem-not-31457/)

sirius60_uk 04-22-2013 06:23 AM

UK - immobiliser problem or not????

Hi Folks

I'm looking for some help and I'm based in Tameside, Greater Manchester, UK.

I've got a y reg mazda 323. Last week I drove to a friends, no problems parked up and when I came out to go home the car wouldn't start.

I called Greenflag when they came they said it was the immobiliser, the key had lost its programming...

So I called my mechanic he said he wasn't convinced so he called with an auto electrician who had a look at it. They said they couldn't find any problems so back to the immobiliser again. They suggested that the immobiliser was stopping the injection.

I've rang a number of reprogramming people but they aren't coming out they say the car key wouldn't lose its programming just like and that because the car key light isn't on, on the dashboard, when I try to turn the car ignition on it's not the immobiliser.

When I try to turn the car over it goes up to 2 on the revs and then drops back down to nothing. When I do that the red car with a key light on the dash flicks on for a second then goes off again.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've eventually managed to find someone who has the scanner with the old connector on that is coming this evening to read the fault

sirius60_uk 04-22-2013 02:20 PM

The fix it man's been out

So the fix it man has been out. He seemed confused by the fact that the dashboard light with the car and key wasn't coming on. But it has never come on since I've had the car.

So he spent ages checking stuff and said that the ECU looked OK he could read the whatever that said there was three keys - but I've only got one.

He thinks its the mobiliser box isn't working... he wondered if there was any power going to it... any thoughts do you think he is on the right track?

This is so frustrating

sirius60_uk 04-23-2013 04:01 PM

So the story continues - the fix it man came with an ecu and imobilizer box changed everything but nothing, the car continued to do the same thing.

So it's not that he says and spends hours trying to identify the problem. Several hours later I come out and the car is turning over now but chuggin like mad. He said he thinks it is something to do with the air flow sensor (I'm pretty sure that's what he said it is), he has unplugged something from the air flow and says that is why the car is now turning over but dreadfully.

So he is coming back tomorrow with a new one of them (sensor).... what do you think?

If no one is responding cause you think I've not searched the forums, I get that :) but I have searched and I've read the other threads and I don't have a clue. If someone was going to try and give me advice you'd have to talk to me like I was an idiot because where cars are concerned that is exactly what I am!!!!!

If any kind soul took pitty on me and decided to throw in, it would be very much appreciated. ;)

Brendon Still 12-27-2018 07:45 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. Turning over and not starting. I'm getting fuel, but ZERO spark from any of the plugs. All the relays looked good. I've searched a little on resetting the immobilizer program. I'm hoping that it will reset, recognize the key, and start