Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Check Engine Light - No power / "Choking" going uphill while slow

Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Default Check Engine Light - No power / "Choking" going uphill while slow

Hi guys,

I've been having some weird problems with my car and wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues before I go bring it in to a shop.

I got a 2002 Mazda 626 V6 and the check engine light started off coming on and off once in awhile. Soon after, it came on and stayed on. The symptoms include funky idling when in gear, the RPM just jumps around and shakes the car. Besides that, it feels like the car chokes when I am hovering around ~40-45 mph and about 1700 RPM. Feels like I cannot accelerate any more and i just gotta grind it out until I get down hill and gain some speed. WHen going faster, I don't have as much of a problem. Does this sound like some common problem? I'm at 70k.

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by maka
Hi guys,

I've been having some weird problems with my car and wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues before I go bring it in to a shop.

I got a 2002 Mazda 626 V6 and the check engine light started off coming on and off once in awhile. Soon after, it came on and stayed on. The symptoms include funky idling when in gear, the RPM just jumps around and shakes the car. Besides that, it feels like the car chokes when I am hovering around ~40-45 mph and about 1700 RPM. Feels like I cannot accelerate any more and i just gotta grind it out until I get down hill and gain some speed. WHen going faster, I don't have as much of a problem. Does this sound like some common problem? I'm at 70k.

Thanks!
Hello Maka,

I haven't really encountered that kind of problem.. hhmmm I think you can bring your car at a mazda dealer and have them scan you car or if you have a scanner, you can scan your car and get the code for the problem and bring it to a repair shop and tell them the error code.

I used a scanner before when my car won't start when my engine gets hot, waited for 20 to 30 minutes and will start again... but fixed it using the scanner to scan the problem..

hopes it will help you too.

K