Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

A/C Woes...among others

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Default A/C Woes...among others

2002 Mazda 626 2.0l. hello, new here. this is what i've done to the car since purchase:

axles bad-replaced those, bad driver caliper-replaced that, transmission slipping-replaced that, head unit crapped out-replaced that, "service engine soon" bad upstream o2 sensor-replaced that and plugs and plug wires and finally the A/C...what a deal i've been through. i purchased this car in april this year...i have put about 6600 miles on it. yup, barely been in it.

Now, this is my query. I have replaced the orifice, some seals, the accumulator and evaporator. flushed my lines and pulled a vacuum, charged the system with apx. 24-26oz of refrigerant. a/c blows snowballs now...for ten min and then you can smell when the warm air about to blow. when this happens i shut off the car for 20 or so min and restart it. snowballs again for about the same amount of time. also my compressor kicks on/off several times before settling down and during this my engine idle gets so low that it seems like it will die. low pressure side is extremely high and i have no idea the high side. now, my low line gets very cold, the accumulator condenses with water all over it. i can plug/unplug the low pressure switch and the compressor and fan kick on and off. the only thing left is replacing the compressor or condenser, i haven't done that since all signs tell that the compressor is good.

anyone have any ideas? i'm almost at the end of my rope with this car and if the car's reliability doesn't get any better then all that's left is to sell it as a boat anchor, friend mazda on facebook to tell them what i think and completely slam the company every chance i get. sorry, now isn't the time for slander.

thank you in advance for anything that can end the madness.