Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

92 929

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Default 92 929

Im having a really hard time finding anything performance wise for my car. If anyone could leave a website to get some parts it would be great. I also need some stock parts for cheap, I need a intake manifold the worst because mine right now is liquid welded . Also need a new timing belt cover. Mine cracked as my old timing belt blew off. Also while driving my car you can notice a severe swaying that takes place all over the car, The back end off the car feels like it is fishtailing but its not....A friend of mine said it could be just an aligntment issue..but then again i was thinking something different..If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it. thank you

Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Default RE: 92 929

There isn't much in the way of performance parts for this car. I know I have one of them same year and everything and I have been looking for a while myself. Even the stock replacement parts are harder to find now mainly because it's such an older vehicle. Don't even think you can get many posts on the struts or shocks for it. I have had to REALLY dig to find anything and only now 5 yrs after purchasing mine have been able to find the struts and shocks for mine at Advance auto parts and even then they have to go to the parts catalog for them.
The cheapest price I could find them at the dealer was here in Nashville and they wanted $479.00 each for the back when i priced them 4 years ago and even now in 2006 they are just down to $279.00 the front ones are still around $400.00 a peice still.
The rear ones I found at advance are $94.00 a pair. I haven't found anyplace that has the front ones yet at all. Maybe some i can buy at NAPA too but they are for the most part as high as the dealer.

The best suggestion I can offer on the parts is check out ebay. There are people on there all the time selling these things cheap or parting them out and will make a special post if you request a part.
As for the swaying in the rear end they all do that when the rear shocks start wearing out. That's the first stage of it then they get to where they start bouncing like hell. And before you know it you are riding down the road feeling like you are in a clown car, that's how badly the back end get's to bouncing. I seriously doubt unless you have really been driving the car hard or doing a lot of hard cornering that the alignment is off. If it is it's probably not by much.

I had a similar issue about the timing belt happen with mine. I have always been told that the timing belts need to be changed at no more than 80,000 miles. I ran mine up to 83,000 miles and was on the way to the dealer to get it replaced because the car really started running bad, was less than 2 miles from the dealers and the belt broke taking out the water pump (broke it )which is inside that housing, the tensioner pully and knocked around pretty hard on everything else in there.
I was told you don't tune these cars up the same way you would say a chevrolet or older mazda, a general tune up consists of cleaning or changing out the plugs , (mazda recommends NGKPlatinum , I use Bosh platinum and they work great) and an oil change, maybe plug wires if one of them tests bad.
Hope this helps clear the air some. as for your car the way it is, I learned that the cops and state patrol just love stopping these cars so while the little suckers fly i don't recommend at all doing it. I got 4 tickets in the first month i had mine. none since guess why.....