Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/interior-8/)
-   -   Engine Wash (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/interior-8/engine-wash-12223/)

CARLOSPEED 01-08-2008 09:12 PM

Engine Wash

Did anybody had the engine washedwithout a problem.
Because I want to wash mine but I had some problems with a Nissan
that I had before and I'mconcern about it.

dentinger 01-08-2008 10:30 PM

RE: Engine Wash

i cant see it being a problem... just keep the hose away from the electrical parts if its possible. if not, just dont spend too much time there.
however, my main worry would be the fuse box, even tho it iscovered.

WarDogsOfNam 01-09-2008 08:19 AM

Carlo, what are you going to use to actually wash the engine down with ?? There was a whole thread on that subject I think from virgin or dentinger but cannot remember where I saw it .

virgin1 01-09-2008 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I have. Several times using a hi-pressure wash hose. Se how cleeeaaann? :D

Attachment 6971

But I was careful and tried to stay away from the delicate parts as much as possible.

CARLOSPEED 01-09-2008 08:58 PM

Thank you guys!!!

UrbanmanUSA 01-09-2008 10:29 PM

A wand car wash I go to has, 1) An "engine cleaner" setting that sprays with very low pressure (as well as putting out detergent), and, 2) A "Spotless" rinse setting that also sprays with fairly low pressure. I have not washed my M3's engine, but that's what I used when I washed the engine of previous cars. I made a point of driving as little as possible (less than 10 miles)before doing the washing, and popped the hood and waited at least 5 minutes, in order that the engine was not super hot. Seems to me it would be a bad idea to spray lots of water on a scorching hot engine.

Given the M3 has a significant splash shield on the bottom, and a big plastic cover on top, I'm thinking the engine should never get mucho "caked on" dirt the way an unprotected engine would, so low pressure washing should be sufficient. My car is coming up on being 1 year old, and the engine still looks very clean.

dentinger 01-09-2008 10:37 PM

i wax my engine/battery/fuse box covers lmao.

also, when you washed your engine virgin, did you just pressure wash it, or did you use an engine 'shampoo' as well??

WarDogsOfNam 01-10-2008 08:49 AM

Virgin, looks damn clean . What products did you use ??

Oh, thanks for the information with the DVD/SCREENS AND GAUGES . I was able to find the over head DVD/SCREEN combo and the gauges/pod combo that go on the side not in the center like yours though. All looks nice and clean install.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

virgin1 01-10-2008 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger
when you washed your engine virgin, did you just pressure wash it, or did you use an engine 'shampoo' as well??

Oh, only the BEST!!! The kind w/the built in conditioner, straight (I said straight) from Mr. Roberto's salon in Hollywood. 'Even blow dried it for extra body. I wanted my engine to have more fluff, cause that's just the kinda' guy I am.
All right. Enough with the silliness. The wand at a local car wash, just like Urbanman said. Does a great job and is not too invasive either.

And Dogg, I hope you don't have the side curtain option on your car?
The reason I put mine on the dash, besides that I like 'em there, is if I ever got into an accident w/the A-pillar pod on, I'd be eating a lot of gauges and plastic should the bags go off. I like my teeth and facetoo much to take that chance. That's why, but I do like the look of A-pillars also.