Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-38/)
-   -   Love my new exhaust! (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-38/love-my-new-exhaust-19469/)

lawdog 07-20-2009 12:25 PM

Love my new exhaust!

Just felt like sharing this! I just installed my new AEM intake and had a Vibrant exhaust put on my 06 2.3L. I couldn't be happier! I noticed right away the nice throaty sound from the exhaust. Its not obnoxiously loud and the rolled stainless tip on the back has a really classy look to it! It looks/sounds beautiful and has definitely turned some heads! I also noticed that my launch is significantly smoother than it was with the factory parts. Great system! Thanks, btw, for the suggestions! I kind of got the bug now... hmm what to do next :)

ANTO 08-18-2009 03:50 AM

ur vibrant exhaust is that from the catback
how much did u have to pay??

virgin1 08-18-2009 06:12 AM

Hi ANTO, and Welcome.
No. The Vibe is a header-pipe back system, as it is the only complete system that includes a high-flow cat. By that I don't mean you need to install a header first. It is also one of the few to distinguish between the HB and Sedan models. The sedan is about 1.68" longer so using a HB exhaust on a sedan would require some extending so as not to burn the rear bumper. I have seen and smelled this actually happening.
I thought I had pictures of mine before the install, but can't seem to find them right now.
You simply unbolt the old system from the front cat flange and install the Vibe system.
See this: https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_53114/tm.htm

ANTO 08-19-2009 02:36 AM

yea i get you but the thing is im confused with what is best for my mazda 3 2006 sedan i dont wont to go out and spend big cash
i went to a muffler dealer and they said that usualy for a car like mine a 2.25 inch catback with a magnaflow muffler but then again im no genius with exhausts so what would u say about that ?? yes or no and plus iv heard about doing a custom exhaust but that might be abit difficult

virgin1 08-19-2009 07:09 AM

I think (my opinion is that) you're on the right track!!
Unless turboed, I see no need to go bigger than a 2.25" exhaust on the 2.0L engine. That in conjunction with a free flowing muffler and/or cat will afford a good flow volume w/o sacrificing too much flow rate (velocity.)
There are (or used to be) several companies that offered mild steel systems for your car using the Magnaflow muffler, some for around $200. They are clamp on and are true cat-back systems though, so if you'd want a free flow cat ahead of it, that could be another $80-$120 on top of the cost of the system itself.
I'll try to see what I can come up with for you. I wish could remember who it was that offered those systems (Corksport?), but it's been too long since I did the research for my own car.

ANTO 08-20-2009 02:47 AM

ok coool thanks for that man

gabe74gt 09-12-2009 04:49 AM

I have the magnaflow too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty(salt in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here. magnaflow 16747, or you can try one of the vendors.

jerseymike68 09-25-2009 01:32 AM

I have the Magnaflow too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow Exhaust 16747, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
________
MAZDA AZ-WAGON SPECIFICATIONS

jerseymike68 11-04-2009 04:26 AM

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16747. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow exhaust system usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
________
BABI MAC PROVED THAT