Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-38/)
-   -   Injen just keeps on exceeding..... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-38/injen-just-keeps-exceeding-1974/)

the_gray_mazda6 01-18-2006 04:34 PM

Injen just keeps on exceeding.....

For all of you who are worried about getting hydro-locked with your intake system. i would just like to inform you that Injen Technology has created a hydro-shield that wraps around the filter of the intake. Although this is not waterproof, it will will deflect the water (water repellency, aka hydrophobic process from injen) that is attempting to get to the intake filter. According to injen tech., you will not suffer any horsepower losses. I think this would be a good investment and I don't believe this would be a bad investment.;)

A side note that Injen Technology states is, "(Please note that this item is water repellent, not water proof) Snug and secure, the HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS comes in various sizes and colors. Everyone should practice safe driving! "

The colors are red, blue, and black as seen in the picture I have included in this post.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/551CA15206BE4A688FA3FC06002312E0.jpg[/IMG]

Alucard 01-18-2006 10:05 PM

RE: Injen just keeps on exceeding.....

Cool, now if I could just get some kind of air intake for my little 323 but they just don't make any.

Well as far as I know.

the_gray_mazda6 04-13-2006 12:27 PM

you can always custom fabricate one Drac... not too hard but not too easy!

sstlaure 04-13-2006 12:31 PM

My friends and I use those on our off-road vehicles when running at the sand dunes.....K&N also makes them. (K&N pre-filter)

RJB_M6 04-14-2006 02:11 PM

Would I have to worry about hydro locking with a CP-e MAFci, or just Injen itself?

the_gray_mazda6 04-15-2006 01:55 PM

any intake would be a hazard for hydrolocking, no matter what brand you may purchase. the hydroshields help prevent hydrolocking which can be harsh on your engine if it does occur (maybe even potentially blow it up if you are unfortunate enough). I do get a good bit of rain here in Pittsburgh, PA and i think that it is a wise investment in one of these products, especially when protecting my vehicle. even if there isn't a whole bunch of rain, you still get lots of dust that gets sucked up into them as well as water at times.

Lupae3s 04-25-2006 04:54 AM

the_gray_mazda6: did you get one of these pre-filters for your intake system? if you did how did it work out for you? did you notice any loss in hp from it?

the_gray_mazda6 04-25-2006 11:56 AM

actually just purchased mine over the weekend... i'll let you know how things work out once i get that slapped on. but from what i've heard, there is no hp/torque loss at all.