Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-38/)
-   -   Anyone actually bought one of these??? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-38/anyone-actually-bought-one-these-3368/)

talnteddriver29 05-20-2006 12:45 AM

Anyone actually bought one of these???

Hey everyone

Jus decided to post this link and see if anyonone has bought one of these yet

http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=overture

After reading it. i think it sounds like a good idea if you dont have much money and need that 10-20 hp or w/e.

but my personal favourite is.......... "Now, It feel like my car has a turbocharger."- Dr. Brain Coyle

:D

Wait till he finds out wait a real turbocharger feels like ;) ! lol

Tracker 05-20-2006 03:14 AM

RE: Anyone actually bought one of these???

cool find, although the site (the way it looks) looks a little half assed, not that it does not look bad....anyway the product seems legit....and that game is effin hard but fun

the_gray_mazda6 05-20-2006 12:36 PM

waste of money... it is virtually a scam that is legal. it spins air around which thus causes lag/interruptions to the air flow and does not properly consume air into what your engine needs. my advice is to not buy it. besides, the cars that they tested this turbonator on were probably POS vehicles that were dynoed with poor gas mileage and then they put the turbonator on and made it seem immaculate.

Tracker 06-09-2006 01:24 AM

OK my friends brother has one on his Nissan 200 se he paid exactly $60 for it i asked him about it and this was basically the discussion

Me: Yo mike when did you get that tornado thing?

Mike: Bout 3 days ago

Me: For how much?

Mike: Got it for $60

Me: So does it actually work?

Mike: Hell yeah

Me: So you think your faster huh?

Mike: Yeah

Me: So do you think you can beat me now?

Mike: You wanna run right now?

Me: OK, the usual spot aight

*we race, starts off even, i throw it into 2nd and start pulling away, i shift into 3rd and im gone*

Mike: Damn

Me: Is the gas milage any better?

Mike: The hell of i know

*BTW not only do i have ~350 more pounds of stuff in the car, i do have a CAI, but he has a full 2.5in exhaust with Highflow cat*

Verdict....WASTE OF F**KIN MONEY

87 turbo II 06-09-2006 01:42 AM

haha spinning the air doesn't help it mix with the fuel better because intakes are hardly ram air at all, by the time it passes the "blades" or "fins" that spin it, the velocity would straighten it out, if you want abetter mixture then do it at the source, the injectors.

RJB_M6 06-09-2006 01:05 PM

That turbo thing actually is worse for you car.
Read this
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?p=36801#36801

Tracker 06-10-2006 04:24 AM

i figured as much

1FAST7 06-16-2006 03:33 PM

[:'(] Garbage.

dohcb6mx3rs 09-15-2006 04:13 PM

spinning the air does help mix the fuel better-this is the reason that chevy made vortec heads to spin the air creating a vortex burning the fuel better but a tornado is not going to make a difference in power and if so not noticeable seeing that the air WOULD NOT keep spinning as fast thru the intake pipe than the throttle body will reduce this effect even more than the air will loos more spinning momentum as it goes thru the intake manifold and then will loose a greater amount of spinning momentum as the air goes thru the head thats y u see such a little gain performance wise on even the big displacement LT1 impalla SS the dyno the tornado on. now if u were to put vortec heads on a older v8 it would improve performance 500% more than the tornado. The smaller displacement the less gain ull see off this too. u wouldnt even notice it on a 4 banger or 6 cyl. the interesting thing i find about the tornado is that it does work a bit especially in the fuel economy department, and that it was designed by a grade 12 auto student who did this the teacher saw the mpg results it yielded and they patented it and now hes a rich ass high school grad just by testing a idea using trial and error. So props to the kid who came up with the idea and designed built it tested it on his own no engineers computer programs(auto cad). definatly props to him whether it increases performance or not.

dohcb6mx3rs 09-15-2006 04:36 PM

i was talkin about the tornado the resistor is garbage i remember reading about my 88 2.5l s10 they said go in to radio shack and get a resistor so this is not a new thing cause i read about it from ppl trying it when i was 15 im 21 now(6 years) for those mathematically incompetent. the fact that they say this will give u 20 horsepower on a 1.3l ford aspire auto on ebay proves its a crock-since my buddy got one for his aspire after we all laughed at the idea and it did nothing the only chips that work are ones that change timing, fuel curve, ecu limitations-rev-limiter, and for autos change shift points and sped of shifts. no 20 dollar thing will yield ne horsepower- even puttin a cone filter in place of ur stock air box has been shown to loose power due to hot air being brought in- WOW I JUST GOT A CRAZY IDEA- GET A HOT AIR INTAKE SETUP OR JUST THROW A CONE FILTER ON AND GET THIS CHIP TO SAY THE AIRS COLD AND THAT WILL GIVE LIKE 35-40 HORSEPOWER(IM BEING TOTALLY SARCASTIC)...LOL- but that is something id expect a guy with a civic and stock D15 with a fart can to do so that hed get more power out of his electric supercharger which he modified a leaf blower to make and ran a extension cord thru the firewall so that he can plug it into his power inverter in the cigarette lighter when he wants 100000 psi of boost. STAY AWAY from this kind of stuff, no one that owns a mazda should be so gullable to try it- its a honda thing to try stuff like this thats y even if u have a nicely built honda u still are considered a ricer.

p.s. i wonder if we should sell a leaf blower turbo/supercharger and canadian tire power inverter DC-AC for like 400$ and then u could say only materials needed extension cord and that its better cause u only r putting extra stress when its plugged in. And then for 600$ we could include the cone to make a hot air intake and the resistor to say the airs cold---EVERY RICER WOULD WANT ONE- especially if we said to get even more speed remove ur exhaust system to save weight and run a pipe from the manifold to the intake manifold and use this chip that also adds 20 hp and says the airs cold and ull get 150 hp-I BET EVERY RICER WOUD WANT ONE OF THOSE 2.

SORRY TO ANY HONDA OWNERS AS THIS WAS POSTED FOR A LAUGH TO SHOW HOW STUPID THESE THINGS ARE.
IF U WANT POWER RUN A GARDEN HOSE FROM UR INTAKE PIPING TO THE INSIDE DUCT TAPE IT ONTO A NOS BOTTLE AND HAVE UR BUDDY OR PASSENGER TWIST OPEN THE BOTTLE AND GARDEN HOSE ALL THAT NOS INTO THERE-ALSO JOKING DONT TRY THIS