General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Diagnosing Blower Motor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Default Diagnosing Blower Motor Problem

Hello. I recently got a 2000 Mazda Protege DX 1.6L and I think the AC/Heater blower motor just messed up. No air runs through any of the vents. I've been trying to figure out what could be wrong as I've seen a thread with a similar case like mine which turned out to be that the blower motor wasn't the problem but there was no solution to the problem posted. I'm hoping to replace the blower motor and resistor soon to see if that does it but just in case it doesn't I'd like to see if I could trouble shoot some other options.

When I turn on the car no air will come out through any of the vents.
Air will run through the vents only when I'm driving forwards, but at the first speed and will not blow faster air the faster I drive (an incredibly small breeze while backwards)
I can change the temperature of the air the blows (while driving) so when i want hot air it will blow hot air and when I set it to the cold side (ac turned off) it will become cold. Then also becomes even more cold when I turn on the AC.
While I'm parked and revving up to about 3k RPMs no air will blow. So only when I drive forward will any air come out.
I've checked all my fuses they don't seem to bad.
I've read people use a multimeter to check if theres power going to the blower motor but I don't have one and I'm not sure how I'd go about what wires I gotta check and how to check them without messing anything up.
Car doesn't over heat at all. I dont have any other problems with it other than the blower motor problem.

All help and info is appreciated. Thank You