General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2018 Mirror housing replacement question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Default 2018 Mirror housing replacement question.

So someone hit my mirror and broke it and the housing but all the mechanical insides are good. Im looking to but replacements and just fix it myself because the insurance deductible would be more than just buying the replacement my problem is that I cant find any for 2018, does anyone know if the 2016 mirrors are the the same as the ones on the 2018 because those are easy to come by. If not does anyone know of any sites where I might be able to find replacement parts for a 2018?

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:11 PM

So what you're saying is, all the outside of the mirror is destroyed the painted surface and whatnot? But the internals are good? Excuse my ignorance but I didn't know you could buy a replacement mirror in pieces I thought maybe it would be one assembly unit meeting the housing in the internals all-in-one but I could be mistaken I just know that that was the way it was for my Chevy and my Honda.. I guess another concern I would have is if you had to get the outside part of the mirror or the mirror housing, and it wasn't the exact paint color.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
So what you're saying is, all the outside of the mirror is destroyed the painted surface and whatnot? But the internals are good? Excuse my ignorance but I didn't know you could buy a replacement mirror in pieces I thought maybe it would be one assembly unit meeting the housing in the internals all-in-one but I could be mistaken I just know that that was the way it was for my Chevy and my Honda.. I guess another concern I would have is if you had to get the outside part of the mirror or the mirror housing, and it wasn't the exact paint color.

https://www.realmazdaparts.com/auto-parts/2018/mazda/cx-5/grand-touring-trim/2-5l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat

Old 11-14-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
The painted part just popped off and isn't damaged. All of the internals still work fine its just the black housing around the internals that is broken. I was trying to just find the plastic housing so I didn't have to replace the whole unit itself.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:56 PM

Indicators etc change thoigh specs and ages so the houseing cover will too the main body is almost identical if its of the same model car

Old 01-15-2019, 01:59 PM

Same car same spec should fit basicly

Old 01-16-2019, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

You would need to buy a complete mirror housing the same as your 2018 spec, 2016 may not be the same. DO you have auto fold mirrors?