General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda 3 GT 2019 w/Bose System Static/Crackling

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 05:46 PM
Default Mazda 3 GT 2019 w/Bose System Static/Crackling

Hey everyone,
I've got a 2019 Mazda 3 GT Sedan with Bose system. The tweeters are intermittently producing crackling/static sound which gets progressively worse the longer the drive is. The sound is undoubtedly coming from the tweeters specifically. The connections within the door panels are fine and no damage or shorting signs. Dealership couldn't reproduce sound on various occasions. When there is no static/ crackling, the sound is great. Tried with bluetooth only/USB plugin/ phone off and on airplane mode/ volume at 0. Crackling always happens during my commutes no matter how I choose to play music or even with no music. Very disappointing since the car otherwise is amazing. Also swapped both tweeters from left to right. New to this site so hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. Any suggestions or fixes or could the tweeters need replacement?

Old 06-22-2020, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Make another booking. Go back to the dealership, take the foreman on a drive long enough to replicate the noise. Failing that complain directly to the service manager, dealer principal, & Mazda head office.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:43 AM
Default Mazda3 GTS 2017 speakers

hey! I just read ur post and I just started having the static sound in my rear speakers. I’ve had my car for over 3 years. I thought I blew rear speakers but it seems this occurring with other people too. It only happens on Pandora which is through BT on my iPhone. Have you found a solution? I haven’t reached out to my dealer yet cause I was hoping to find an easy fix. It’s frustrating because it literally happened over night. Thanks for any help!

melanie

Originally Posted by FirstCar2019
Hey everyone,
I've got a 2019 Mazda 3 GT Sedan with Bose system. The tweeters are intermittently producing crackling/static sound which gets progressively worse the longer the drive is. The sound is undoubtedly coming from the tweeters specifically. The connections within the door panels are fine and no damage or shorting signs. Dealership couldn't reproduce sound on various occasions. When there is no static/ crackling, the sound is great. Tried with bluetooth only/USB plugin/ phone off and on airplane mode/ volume at 0. Crackling always happens during my commutes no matter how I choose to play music or even with no music. Very disappointing since the car otherwise is amazing. Also swapped both tweeters from left to right. New to this site so hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. Any suggestions or fixes or could the tweeters need replacement?