Electronics, Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Sputtering engine shaking now it won’t start....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:07 AM
Angry Sputtering engine shaking now it won’t start....

I bought my daughter a 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L about 4 months ago. About 3 months ago we had to replace the mini fold cover because of a pin hole
. It sprayed oil everywhere!! The mechanic did a good job cleaning everything up. I’ve been going to them for years for all my major repairs. I handle all the smaller repairs, oil changes, etc. I know more about cars than the average girl. Two months after that... a new clutch. Last week she was returning home from a six hour drive. She stopped to get gas about 20 miles from home. About 15 minutes later the car started sputtering and not idling properly. Mind you, she continued home parked it for the night went to work with it running like this and gradually getting worse before telling me!! I was so mad!!! I had her bring me the car and parked it for three days until I had time to mess with it. It started a few times for me and sounded really ruff, engine rocking to boot, either I would shut it off or it died. I have no check engine light. Wtf? Not even when the key is in the on position. I even did that dash diagnostic test and it didn’t light up. What is going on with this car?

Old 01-12-2018, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like dodgy fuel.

Disconnect the battery,Drain the tank, R&R fuel filter, check & replace if necessary the sparkplugs, add fresh fuel, connect the battery & go for a drive.