Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/detailing-41/)
-   -   Turtle Wax Ice (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/detailing-41/turtle-wax-ice-4352/)

chefmaster25 08-08-2006 06:22 PM

Turtle Wax Ice

so i tried the turtle wax ice today its awesome way better and easier than regular wax and no white crap i highly recommend checkin it out

the_gray_mazda6 08-09-2006 01:58 AM

RE: Turtle Wax Ice

I still haven't gotten around to trying that stuff out yet... I heard it looks amazing, but I just have the urge to finish up my wax I have now first before I invest in some of that turtle wax ice... Was supposed to be a guinnea pig for the product, but that offer fell through!

87 turbo II 08-09-2006 05:45 AM

I use a paste from Maguiar's (Maguiar's Gold, best wax they sell) and it looks great to me. I'd probably like turtle wax though, I've seen pictures that look better than my car has after I wax it with the good stuff.

chefmaster25 08-09-2006 04:12 PM

yeah i typicaly use meguiars products myself i saw the comerical on tv and checked the reviews out online and asked my friends if they had tried it yet and none of my friends had it was such a nice day in MD yesterday actually not humid i thought i would give it a try all my other wax products are on the back burner for now my thing is that you can use ice in any temp even in direct sunlight :)

PlatniumBlond 09-11-2006 04:26 PM

Yeah I tried this stuff but I wasn't impressed.
It is easy to use and you can wax your black plastic bits without the white crap. But this is not a wax. It's more like a polish.
It doesn’t clean off anything so make sure to wash your car real well before using it. I don't think the shine has any depth to it either.
It’s good for a quick shine between real waxing.

john wayne 09-12-2006 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: PlatniumBlond

Yeah I tried this stuff but I wasn't impressed.
It is easy to use and you can wax your black plastic bits without the white crap. But this is not a wax. It's more like a polish.
It doesn’t clean off anything so make sure to wash your car real well before using it. I don't think the shine has any depth to it either.
It’s good for a quick shine between real waxing.

I AGREE, this stuff will not replace my regular waxing. I wasn't even impressed with the shine at all. It did do a good on the plastic parts but I use vinyl protectant on my black plastic anyway.

On the other hand my dad loves the stuff, he uses it on his truck and bike and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. I thought it was over priced for what it is.... just my $0.02...

sin6racer 10-02-2006 12:43 PM

after i wash and dry.

-a layer of MEguiars NXT spray Wax
-a layer of Meguiars NXT tech wax
- final layer of Turtle Wax ice.

the car shines. its blinding [8D]

zoo066oom 07-09-2007 02:25 PM

What is a good wax for black??