Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Cleaning

Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Default Cleaning

What are the best products you use to clean your car exterior and interior? I bought a black mica and boy does it get dirty fast...

Old 08-18-2013, 04:27 AM

I always clean my car with soap first and then use the magic clay to remove exterior particles. The clay good to turn the rough surface to becomes again glass like surface.
I have bought some from this guy and it is quite a good product
3M Perfect It III 38070 Cleaner Clay Bar Auto Detailing | eBay
Hope this help

Old 08-18-2013, 12:50 PM

nothing shows dirt and dust better than black. You may have to develop a bit of tolerance for it. Washing too often will put swirl marks all over the paint.
The best color to hide the dirt and dust are earth tones.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:39 AM

A good wash is a start, Use good soap as well, then use a clay bar to take any other dirt, and other things out, then wax or polish the car.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:54 AM

Use the "two bucket wash method" to avoid swirl marks. Basically it's about having two buckets with a grit guard on each, so that the dirt/grime won't transfer back on your car.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:39 AM

For my interior cleaning I just use Megs APC dilute either 4:1 or 10:1. For exterior Klasse twin is one of my best fav.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:26 AM

we have a black 99 millenia, bought new. exterior, it has had zaino since day 1. i followed zaino's recommendation, first used dawn dish detergent, then clay bar, then zaino prep, followed by the gloss. car is black. first off, beware of using some soaps. most soaps will remove whatever wax or polish that is on the car. use only washes that will not. also, a cleaner/wax removes whatever wax there is, and replaces it. zaino does not, it can be layered over and over again, which i do. it protects the best i have ever seen, especially against bird droppings and tree sap. once the initial prep is done, it goes on and wipes off the easiest i have ever used, and the shine gets deeper and deeper. even after years, i tried to clay bar it, but it was still so smooth, there was nothing to remove. and yah, black will show dirty a lot faster than white, which our other 99 millenia is. zaino will not leave swirls or minute scratches like other waxes, it will just be a mirror finish. check it out:

Zaino Store

Old 06-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Default Meguiar's...

Originally Posted by jakke7
Use the "two bucket wash method" to avoid swirl marks. Basically it's about having two buckets with a grit guard on each, so that the dirt/grime won't transfer back on your car.
I agree with "Jakke 7" about using 2 buckets.

For many years now I've used "Meguiar's" products with great success.

Wash: Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner
Scratch X Blemish Remover (If Needed)
Step 1: Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner
Step 2: Deep Crystal System Polish
Step 3: Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

I'm thinking though, when my Deep Crystal System 1, 2, & 3 run out I'll replace with their "Gold Class" series.

CX5T Lover

Old 07-13-2015, 01:08 AM

I use Meguiar's G55048 Ultimate Car Care Kit.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Here is a website, of a company that supplies Mazda US,Canada and Mexico with car care products. It is the Dealer Manual for the dealer's employee's to care for vehicle's when received, stored or prepared for customer delivery At Valugard.net, under the Engineer's Section are numerous Technical Service Bulletins, issued by several vehicle manufacturers to their dealership. There is section of Mazda TSB's as well and the Mazda Vehicle Storage Manual is there for you to read over. You may pick up some good tips, procedures, etc for caring for your Mazda.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cleaning