Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

slammed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:00 PM

i really like u noticed tha bronze rota rev's!!!! its a 2" in tha front and a 2.2 i believe in tha rear! (not 100 % on that) i live just out of birmingham, alabama an the roads here are crap! not built for "slammed" cars!!!!!!!!!!!! ive ran a couple of runs with her/ not on a track but the handeling is emaculant!!!!! still wana c about doing a turbo install if i dont sell her and upgrade to a speed3. any ideas to help?

Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Slammed has nothing to do with performance. In fact it often means driving slower than flow of traffic. In short, low performance.

I have my Lexus mildly lowered on Eibach 350 springs (same as the OEM F-Sport Lexus lowering springs).

Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 PM

well the wheels are no longer bronze! they are black now

Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Issue solved. Thread pruned.

Last edited by virgin1; 04-11-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Pruning
Old 04-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jugaknot
.... still wana c about doing a turbo install if i dont sell her and upgrade to a speed3. any ideas to help?
Tri-Point Engineering is the only place I know of currently that offers a complete bolt-on turbo kit for the NA 3's. There may be some additional exhaust work to do after, though?
I gave up on doing a turbo, so I haven't looked at them in a while. It's a pretty big expense... in the $4-$5,000 range to do it right and get the bugs worked out. Plus you will not be able to do any high-boosting unless you upgrade the engine internals. Forged internals (at least pistons and rods) are a must to go much beyond 6-8psi.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM

wow thaT IS ALOT didnt realize it would only boost that little bit! Guess its time to sell and get a built honda lol! just a joke<nobody freak out

Old 04-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

That's why the MS3 engine has forged internals. W/O them, too much pressure and ZOOM-ZOOM-BOOM!
Also keep in mind that your 3 (and mine) has an open differential, not a limited slip one, so half of the power is already wasted.... in any slippery situation its all wasted. Plus wheel spin could cause an overboost situation and w/o the added assurance (insurance) of forged internals you could more easily hit redline and blow it up.

You could still add a low-boost system which should be good for another 30-50hp when boosting? Just don't expect to mutiply hp by a factor of 3 with that setup. The rest of the car would have to be built to withstand the added strain.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 PM

wow, so im looking at alot of money jus ta get to a ms3 set up? not what i wanted to hear! any ides as far as bolt ons to improve performance and handeling?