Site Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings!

Site Blackout

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Exclamation Site Blackout

Some of you may have noticed that this site, and other IB run sites were down for about 2 hours this afternoon. The reason was not maintenance or upgrading or repairs. IB's main server was hit by DDoS attack.
Those of you more suave in the computer sciences may know more about this than I do, but suffice it to say that there was a bug that shut us down. I'm amazed that those guys @ IB got us up and running so fast. They must be GOOD!!!

I did a little research on the subject and found this link: Is your PC part of a Zombie Botnet? Check now! | Malware Help. Org
Basically its nothing any of us did nor did IB initiate it.

As a Moderator here and having followed there activity through this site I can tell you that SPAM-BOTS and search engine Site Crawlers are real!!
They can hit your computing machine and slow it down to a crawl. They steal the power from your machine and use it for their dirty deeds.
There's no way known to eliminate them, but there are steps you can follow to protect you and your computer from them.

Please take the time to click on the link, or do your own search. Get software designed to detect and wipe out these parasites from your computer.