Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

SCCA Autocross E-Street

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:30 PM
Default SCCA Autocross E-Street

Hey Guys, Im new to this forum and this is my first post so please be patient with me. I have recently decided that I would like to start auto crossing at a more serious level next year and that I should find a car that will allow me to be competitive, have good progression, and still be an affordable entry level car. It seems that the Street category in the SCCA is the place for me to start. I have done some research and I believe that the 1995 R package miata is the car I would like to get started in. So here is my question, Does the SCCA rules allow me to buy a non r package miata and add all the options that would turn it in to one? Or do I need to search out an actual r package miata? It seems that with the limited number of R package miatas left it would be cost efficient to just build my own but I want to make sure that is legal according to the rule book first. I have read the rules myself but it was still not exactly clear to me if thats allowed. Any advice is helpful so thank you in advance.