OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL posts.

Switch for no Activematic engagement

Old 07-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Default Switch for no Activematic engagement

It took 3 weeks of emails to dealers, Mazda, and manufacturers, as well as a few phone calls to Mazda USA and manufacturers in Japan, I have a fix for the 'no manual mode' automatic transmission problem.

I've been running this switch in my car for 2.5 years with not one failure of engaging or staying in manual mode. It's also been in several cars of people on Mazda6Club.com for a couple of years with no failures.

Per Mazda USA, you can NOT buy the switch separately from Mazda; it only comes as part of a full shifter assembly:"I was able to look into the concern that you are having with your vehicle. Unfortunately, the piece that you need is not available on its own. You would need to purchase the entire select lever." The two prices I was quoted by Mazda dealers was $175 for a popular online dealer, and $290 from a local dealer.

(My) switch is a direct replacement for the Mazda piece, which you cannot buy. And, as Yuki puts it on the OEM switch: "....(it) is a custom product for an exclusive customer. Therefore, we are unable to offer you this item."

So, I am selling a direct replacement switch for the first generation, automatic cars. It fits the 4, 5 and 6 speed cars. Because Mazda has never sold the part separately, I cannot tell you a part number. (And, along those lines, I've also been told it will work in other recent Mazdas with ActiveMatic shifters. With no part number I can't tell you for certain)

For $20 you get 1 switch, and that includes USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day shipping. If you need 2, it's $30. That is to the continental US. Canada and elsewhere will depend on what shipping costs and hassles there would be.

If your problem is that you physically put your shifter into the manual gate and your dash does not switch to Manual mode, or your car will not stay in manual mode when the shifter is physically in the gate, this is your fix.

This may or may not fix problems with the shifter not selecting the next gear up or down. See the 'Tiptronic stopped working' thread in the ATX section.

I'd prefer PayPal, but if you want to pay by check or money order, I can give you my address.

Attached Thumbnails Switch for no Activematic engagement-shifter006.jpg   Switch for no Activematic engagement-switch_mounted_pick.jpg   Switch for no Activematic engagement-liftshifter002.jpg  
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 AM

Great job! I think you need a catchy name for it, maybe "activematic shifter fixer"?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Ads are free here, but there are a few rules/regs we ask our members to live by.
Please see the following threads for the details.
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/pri...posting-14548/
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/pri...ok-here-21001/

Old 10-01-2013, 04:12 PM

damn good!! give as title