Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Is anyone else a bit disappointed with the new Mazda CX-70?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 06:27 PM
Unhappy Is anyone else a bit disappointed with the new Mazda CX-70?

I might receive hate for this. (Since this is a Mazda forum)

All the other car forums and discussions are talking about the new Mazda CX-70 and I figured I would bring it up. Here are my 2 cents.

Frankly, as a Mazda fan and as a proud 2022 Mazda3 Turbo owner, I am a bit disappointed in Mazda for the launch of the new CX-70. To me and the car crowd, it is just simply… a CX-90 without a third-row. Mazda didn’t create a new design or implement a new model from another country (i.e. Mazda CX-60 from overseas which I will get into in a minute). In other words, Mazda performed a copypaste on the CX-90, and stretched it smaller. There isn’t anything new about it or unique, except for no three row.

The Mazda CX-60 would be the best fit in the US. It might be expensive and the size of the outgoing CX-50 (said by a few), but it is a new design. If the CX-60 existed in the US, we would think of the CX-60 as a different Mazda SUV. Not the same or a duplicate as the three-row CX-90. SUVs aren’t honestly my cup of tea, but I commend Mazda for being consistent with making SUVs look premium and badass and making them better in terms of performance. I haven’t been in Mazda SUVs or driven them, but I still praise them.

I am very worried about Mazda’s sales when the CX-70. I infer Mazda SUV buyers and some general SUV buyers are bummed. If the new CX-60 went to the US, I wouldn’t feel so disappointed. The new CX-60 might benefit Mazda in terms of sales in the US. SUV buyers might run to the door to Mazda and CX-30/CX-5/CX-50 buyers or owners would be happy to consider it.

I didn’t expect this from Mazda. I just hope Mazda makes more of their models different and unique in the future, keeping the luxury and driving aspect ethos.

EDIT: Last thing to add, I don’t work for Mazda, but my suggestion would be to bring the CX-60 to the US but make it a bigger form factor for more space and practicality.

Last edited by EndlessDrop; 02-19-2024 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:33 AM

In the event that the CX-70 would have been a more modest/marginally less expensive CX-90, that it would have been my decision. I obviously could do without any of the other moderate sizes decisions, and I'm presently get shopping out of control. A medium size would have been great, however I can make due with a minimized SUV.

Kodi

Last edited by Alkol; 04-20-2024 at 09:24 AM.