plane help - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Default plane help

I might be goin to Cali in a few months, or next month if possible. But more than likely in the summer. Does anyone know of a cheap airline for roundtrip? I know Southwest is but their planes are tight as hell inside. any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 PM

I have good luck with continental, but I know they're not the cheapest. Buy early and you shouldn't have too much of a problem. According to a book that I am reading, fly at noon on a saturday and you are most likely to be on time with no delays.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Ginia!! 'Haven't heard from you in a while.

The airlines are a mess as far as I'm concerned. I used to use Delta quite a bit (before 9/11,) but have been using Continental more often lately... for no reason other than my wife seems to like them.
I, on the other hand, find them annoying. Every time I have flown w/them in recent years (once in '98 and several times after 9/11) their fights have been late and luggage slow. I once had to RUN from one end of the Houston airport to the other in boots and w/a guitar case to catch my next flight. I thought I was going to fall on my a*s several times on that slippery floor. They literally closed the door right behind me, and then was over 2 hours late getting home.
But I have to admit to not having any good alternatives either.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 AM

hey virgin1! yea I haven't been on in a while. I'm trying to stay away from Continental cause they cost too much. but I plan on leaving on a weekday so we'll get the weekend together too. is Southwest the only airline with free bag check?