Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Drop-Down Banner Ads

Old 05-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default Drop-Down Banner Ads

Is it just me, or are these dropdown car dealer ads at the top of every page a MAJOR PITA!!!
I can't navigate these pages without accidently rolling over one of them at least once, so then they drop down and begin to play. Then I have to close them before I can do what I needed to do here!!

FRUSTRATING!!!!!! 'Just what the world needs more of... frustration!

Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Banned
Red face

Originally Posted by virgin1

Is it just me, or are these dropdown car dealer ads at the top of every page a MAJOR PITA!!!
I can't navigate these pages without accidently rolling over one of them at least once, so then they drop down and begin to play. Then I have to close them before I can do what I needed to do here!!

FRUSTRATING!!!!!! 'Just what the world needs more of... frustration!

It's just you! with the car dealer ads. I think the internet, Google anyways, gives you ads based on your web visits and the types of web pages you visit. Once in a while clear your browsing history! But this after all is a car site.

As far as frustrated, I am frustrated with people putting up freebie ads that have no other positive feedback to this site. I input parts on the web for an aftermarket parts store but you don't see me flogging non-related Mazda parts on here (unless it's real cool). I will have one in a couple days for a gas ecometer that plugs right in to your ODB port and shows your fuel mileage! Mounted with velcro use for cars above 1996.

I also am frustrated with incompetent people---currently dealing with a few of them in my real life.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by virgin1

Recently I have been searching and trying to find a new office chair.
I have come up with 1 and tested the Tempur-Pedic TP8000 and tried to find the cheapest one available, but so far I see alot of Staples ads. I do see some car ads as well, as i do car stuff on the web.

Now on this forum, and on other sites, I see a lot Staples ads office chairs!

Gonna have to wait for back to school deals, hoping my chair will go on sale. It's a great chair: mesh back and tempur-pedic cushion that conforms nicely to my ***. Very comfortable.