Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Can I put NOS on my Mazda 6i?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Default Can I put NOS on my Mazda 6i?

I have a 2004 mazda 6i, I really want to put nos on it though, is this possible and if so, will it kill my engine?

What do you recommend, I know absolutely nothing about nos so I am a beginner here so help me out.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 08-09-2009, 02:29 PM

yea most likely you will blow your motor, but that true with any car, you need to build it with parts like forged rods and pistons, standalone engine management and valvetrain...but you only want to do that if you want your motor to last.

Btw there are 3 different types of nitrous setups:

Dry-n2o is shot though the exhaust side of the motor to increase flow of exhaust gas...pretty much worthless nobody does that setup anymore
Wet-n2o is shot though the intake side at the manifold
Direct-n2o is shot directly in the motor

Direct fit kits will have directions on how to setup the system, while universal will leave you with nothing really as how to set it up, anyway your gonna have to get a standalone ecu anyway which will have to be tuned so whichever shop you take it to will be doing all of this anyway. n2o is unforgiving so any screw ups WILL result in a blown motor. Good luck and remember kids bottles are for babies.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Default thanks

lol thanks for the insight, i think ill pass on the n2o now....Im 17 and cant afford to replace a blown motor...

question now though is how can i even make this 4 cyl semi-fast lol

i mean, you can put chips in them but id rather buy parts for the engine instead of a remote control.

anyone have any suggestions to make this thing run.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Default Start off slow

Start with the basic's Cold Air intake best suggestion AEM or Fujita, Fujita has a good quality product and better pricing than alot of it's competitors. Than Headers and a full exhaust system for better airflow. Then you can move to other things like upgraded camshaft kit and gears etc... if you need help with pricing pm me. I may be able to help further

Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Default thanks

thanks uctuning, I will deff let you know when i get my paycheck. Thanks bud.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 PM

You can put nitrous oxide on anything... If you are willing to rebuild.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
VB

Some people are willing to rebuild, and have the time to do it...I know a guy who went through 2 engines in his 97 Accord while running NOS. Though, to be fair, the first one ws ruined because an armadillo ran across the road...bye bye radiator. The second one swallowed a 200 shot for a year...it only blew when he bumped up to 250.

But then he learned, and bought an Evo. With a turbo, you don't ever have to tell someone, "Hey sorry, my bottles are empty" at a light. Though I'm more inclined to superchargers myself for daily driving...at least compared to a turbo car running a lot of boost.

As for the OP: uctuning is on track, that's about as far as I'd go with engine mods on this car. The next step would be suspension, so I'd recommend investing in some stiffer sway bars to kill some of that body roll.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

You've been listening to me waaayyyy too long there, Vince.
Tha'ts my usual comment about the 6 series. MORE SWAY BAR!!!