New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Where do i find more performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Default Where do i find more performance mods

Hey my name is adama car audio enthusiast and 3 year installer but i am fairlynew to the performance scene. I have a 2.3 mazda 6 i and love it! I have installed the injen cold air intake and upgraded all major ground wires. I also know exhaust on this car is just for sound.I have contacted nology for the wires and plugs too. I would like to know who makesand where i can get headers , internals , and other such horsepower gaining items . I do know hass makes a turbo kit but dont want to head in that direction. Also if anyone needs info as far as stripping the interior and how to on audio for that i car i would be glad to help as i have spent the last year doing audio in the car and know how to strip that interior out and wire color codes for remote starts and so on. Please help me make my car faster . Thankyou

Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Default RE: Where do i find more performance mods

exhaust isn't necessarily just for sound. it reduces your back pressure when you eliminate things like the muffler and the catalytic converter. that lets your car breath better when it runs. it is just like you jogging and having to exhale through a straw instead of normally. that would make it harder to run. exhaust doesn't add much horsepower but it does add some

there are many different manufacturers for headers, fuel systems, pistons, rods, rings, etc. it is just all up to how much money that you want to spend and what parts you want in specific. sounds like the next step for your car is a header and DC sport has a decent setup for the 2.3. there are other brands as well though. fuel management for a naturally aspirated car like that is very basic. for now you just need a decent set of injectors and a fuel rail. the regulator and pump should be good for up to about 250-300 hp so there should be no need to change them right now.

i'd say that the biggest speed shop in the world is sitting right in front of you. your internet connection. just google up some stuff or you could check out my favorite website, www.horsepowerfreaks.com. they always have hard-to-find parts for mazdas and they are the only place that i have any luck sometimes.