New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to Forum - 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Post New to Forum - 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mitch, I am 18 and I am from Wellsboro Pennslyvania, I wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of it haha.

I own a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege that I just bought a few months ago. It is mostly stock except for a few small mods like a blow off valve and hot & cold pipes. Eventually I want to customize the front by putting in a carbon fiber grille insert, changing the Mazda "M" emblem with a Mazdaspeed emblem and installing fog lights.

I'm excited to be apart of this Community!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Sir. That should prove as an interesting first car to play around with and get to know... or do I assume too much?
Are you going for appearance, or performance with this car? It sounds like perhaps a little of both.
You should posts some pictures. What color is it? Have you gotten under the hood/chassis yet? Etc? We have a garage you can start to help keep track of your progress, maintenance and repairs. You can post pic in it also. Or start a picture album. the main page of the forum has links as does your member profile page. Any other questions, just ask!!

Wellsboro, huh? You're right. I had to look it up. But being from Pa myself I was curious. North-Central. Not much up there except the bottom of NY state. What do y'all do for fun??

I am originally from the Easton area, moved to Texas when I was 20yrs older than you are now.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 PM

Thank you! As a college student I plan on sticking with this car as long as possible but I really do love it and hope to keep it in the best condition for as long as possible. I plan on going with both performance and appearance. When I purchased this car the previous owner put in Hot and Cold pipes, a blow off valve, and a Fuel to Air ratio gauge. There are a few cosmetic things I would like to take care of as in a few rust spots here and there and another driver scratched up my front bumper a few weeks ago so that will get taken care of too. But I am looking into installing fog lights along with changing the grille to Carbon Fiber and also replacing the Mazda 'M' emblem with a mazdaspeed emblem. And I will get some pictures up as soon as I can, any criticism is welcomed.

I'm about an hour away from Elmira if that helps at all. It's a small, quaint town with not much to do. Since we're located in the country we're mostly populated with hunters but lucky I have some friends that are also into cars so they help me keep my sanity haha. If there are any Subaru fans I have friend that owns a 1998 Acadia green Impreza 2.5 RS (aka the Unicorn) which I am a big fan of.

Thank you for all the help! I will definitely be asking some questions along the way because I am one of the few people in my town that own a Mazda so there's not much help here.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 PM

I know this is a little old, but if you have any questions about the speed protege, just let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Thank you! I will definitely take whatever help I can get.