Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

What the 6 has to offer

Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Thumbs up My Mazda 6 2.5 4-Cylinder review

Hi everyone.

I am from Malaysia and this is my 1st posting in this forum. I have experience in reviewing cars and I do get lots of invitations to test drive modified vehicles. Hope to share my point of view for my newly bought Mazda 6 2.5

Our version in Malaysia is: Mazda 6 2.5L Official Website in Malaysia sourced from Malaysia Oficial Website

I bought it at a discounted price. They offered me RM8,200 discounts and gave me a reverse camera and dvd + navigator.

Handling

It has good grip on the road whether its smooth or bouncy. I love the suspension. Its sporty but takes all vibrations well. Damn, it is so much better than my old Honda Accord VTI-L...

However, the steering is quite loose to me. Meaning too light for my preferences. I used to take a sharp right corner (one hand) at 160km/h on a highway and when the road bounces a bit, I nearly smash on the right wall. I know, we shouldnt drive that way

Performance

Our version here is a bit underpowered compared to other countries... And the compression ratio doesnt helps at all. It is more for fuel saving. However, it doesnt dissapoint much. The car is light and I love the feeling of keep going when we drive. It is much better than camry 2.4 and accord 2.4 which I have tested.

Build Quality

The engine noise is very minimum. I love the sunroof. Damn nice feel. I love all the rain sensors, front sensors, AFS (the moving lights) and the traction control of course. It keps appearing when I push the car around the town sometimes. The button is really helpful to turn it off and enjoy the car more.

Interior is good, BOSE is nice but woofer is a let down... bass sucks to me.

I LOVE MY 6.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Banned
Arrow 2014 Mazda 6 Gas & Diesel Review

2014 Mazda 6 Gas & Diesel Review from Car&Driver:

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 07-17-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: b bye
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 AM

The best of Mazda 6 is the Diesel 2.2L engine , with 150HP and low consume, 65mill/G, and 2 Turbo en serial conection , it goes with very low pression and sound like gasoline, but it has a good torque (Par) , just remmeber how it goes in Grand-Am GX, but its a car to do miles not short trip , the problem in the DPF system.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Banned
Default Skyactive 2.2 Diesel. Race engine has stock components

Originally Posted by drahimik
The best of Mazda 6 is the Diesel 2.2L engine , with 150HP and low consume, 65mill/G, and 2 Turbo en serial conection , it goes with very low pression and sound like gasoline, but it has a good torque (Par) , just remmeber how it goes in Grand-Am GX, but its a car to do miles not short trip , the problem in the DPF system.

Not only is this a light weight (aluminum block) engine, but it easily achieves their horsepower and durability goals.

“The SpeedSource engineering team for the race car while working with the Mazda engineers, have been flat out for months on this engine development. We’re happy to report that the engine is meeting the performance targets for both power and endurance. That means 400+ hp for over 50 hours, with an engine that includes a very long list of production Mazda parts. This is not a pure race engine; it is a production block SKYACTIV-D. We’re excited about having our newest engine powering our newest car.”

Yes, you read that right! The aluminum block is actually a factory block that is going in their production vehicles. These new engines are light weight, low compression, high performance engines that aren’t bogged down with all of the same emissions equipment that our trucks have.

Mazda could be onto something here and we really hope to see more manufacturers continue to follow in their footsteps with new technology, especially technology that doesn’t require DPF’s and Urea Injection.

Below is a video that covers some of the new technology in their SKYACTIV-D production vehicle.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:59 PM

mazda 6 2015 Auto delay off headlamps it says on line that its std. but I can't find the off/on ??? please help

Old 03-18-2015, 06:47 PM

I have an IPHONE question for my Mazda 6 2015. When I receive a call, the phone number shows up but never the name with it? Does anyone get the name with it in their car when receiving calls. And I mean from ones in my phonebook.