Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Traction Control on or off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Default Traction Control on or off?

Is everyone running their Mazda 6's with the TCS on during good weather as well as bad? Are their any benefits or downsides to using it in good weather?

Old 11-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Default RE: Traction Control on or off?

Should not be any good or bad to using it in good weather. Is inactive unless you are in a traction loss condition where you might want it to operate. Should not hurt performance or mileage in any way unless you are a very aggressive drive and want to get a little wheel slip sometimes which it should not allow.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:21 AM

I always have it off. Feels sluggish with it on. It might just be all in my head though.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:34 AM

i know that it is no fun when you are expecting a little sliding taking a turn sharply and when the TCS is on, nothing really happens. I enjoy the sliding haha, just that little adrenaline rush i guess. the tcs will not harm your car whether it is good conditions or bad. i'm not sure if the TCS will slow down your car or not, I just leave it on unless i know i am gonna want to whip around corners that i wanna powerslide on. heh heh

Old 11-26-2005, 12:46 AM

i was trying to make it up a driveway hill that was covered in snow.... (i had the traction control on)... and just when i was about to get to the top, my car would stop and the Traction COntrol light would light up and blink. No matter how far i would press the accelerator in, the car would not want to go (rpms stayed very low). when i took the traction control off, i was able to gun it up the driveway safely enough. why did the traction control stop my tires from moving, they never spun in the first place when it was on?

Old 11-26-2005, 01:15 AM

Well, I think I learned something new...our cars have traction control?! Or is this only on specific models? If it's on all, where is it located?

Old 11-27-2005, 03:22 AM

it's the series of three buttons on the lower part of the dash closest to the driver's door , but your base model might not have it

Old 11-27-2005, 10:01 PM

I'll have to check it tomorrow on my way to work. I know where you mean. I don't think I have it though.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 AM

i thought that was an option for all mazda6's.... now i'm curious

Old 11-29-2005, 01:13 AM

Not all Mazda6's have TCS.

Quick Reply: Traction Control on or off?