Go Back   Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums > Mazda Vehicles > Mazda6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM

Default starting problem

I have a 2005 mazda 6 which inconsistently wont start. theres a lil light on instrument panel of a car with a key inside it. does this tie together? all fuses are in place and are good. it has plenty of battery judging the lights, radio, etc. but when it is running i remove negative from battery and car dies instantly. anyway the altenator signal is affecting my cranking problems or is this a seperate problem?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:02 PM

also when i try the key its like no response just a lil click from under dash, when it doesnt start. my first step will be to see the meaning of the light. no car manual
Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Sounds like the battery to me. Is it the original battery? You can not tell a thing by the lights operating. It could also be the starter, but my money is on the battery.

I think the key symbol is the immobilizer. It should go out with the key in the ignition. If it isn't going out, and the car won't start, you may need to have the key reprogrammed. A weak battery could activiate the immobilizer as well.

Last edited by AHan; 05-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 PM

ok and the light does stay on even when it cranks the light still blinkin. it is not the original batt and is that light tied in to the security for the car or the remote? what about reprogramming the remote for the alarm? when i dont use the remote or alarm and just lok the doors it seems to crank like normal.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Tags
2005, 2009, instrument, key, lock, mazda, mazda6, panel, problem, remove, specific, start, starter, starting, troubleshoot, wont