Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

rubber seal on door making squeaking sound?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Default rubber seal on door making squeaking sound?

i had a previous post about a squeaking sound coming from my front passenger door on my 2007 mazda6 hatchback. after close inspection, i found out that it's most likely the rubber seal of door rubbing against the side of the door. i was recommended to spray some lubricant over the rubber seal to stop the squeaking sound.

is this a good product to use for it?
http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...asp?product=23

have any of you had this problem??
any other suggestions would be great

Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Default RE: rubber seal on door making squeaking sound?

It sounds like it would work fine. But id go to your local auto store and ask them for a good product that doesnt dry up first to see what they say and have. If they sound like they are full of @#$% then give that product a shot.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:41 AM

i would like to add that it sounds almost like a creaky wood floor. the sound has been getting louder recently. could a rubber seal make this noise??

Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 PM

The seal should not make noise by design, there should be no reason for you to have to spray anything on anything. Again, I would recommend that you take it back to the dealer and have them correct the situation. If you are getting noise from the door/seal interface, something is not sitting correctly, and they should fix it.Spraying lube onto a seal is a band-aid fix that will onlywork for a short period of time. (Do you really want to be constantly lubing up your seal tokeep it from squeaking?)

If theseal made noise by design, you'd have the same noise out of thedriver door as thepassenger door.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 PM

I had that same problem on my driver's side door. I've experienced it in other cars that I've had as well. I just wiped an armor all wipe over it and it worked perfect. I did that about 8 months ago and haven't experience any creaking/squeaking since then.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM

thanks for all your input guys! i'm going to take it to the dealer this friday and see what they say. i'm going to be so pissed if they shrug it off and say its normal. i'm pretty sure all your mazda6's don't have that problem

Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM

If they say it's normal, challenge them to find another 6 on the lot with the same condition, I bet they can't find one. My wife's 6 has over 50,000 miles and doesn't squeak.

I was on theteam that brought the Mazda6 into the US for production here in Michigan. It is a very quiet car by design. It shouldn't squeak.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 PM

yeah quiet by design for the first 15k miles then the interior rattles to hell after that..

Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 PM

my car has only got 150miles on it. it shouldn't be rattling, creaking, squeaking, or having any sorts of sound that a 10 year old used car has.

my previous car had 100k+ miles on it, and only had a squeaking passenger chair.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Daishi

yeah quiet by design for the first 15k miles then the interior rattles to hell after that..
I've got over 50,000 miles on both of my Mazdas (3 & 6) and they are both as quiet and smooth as the day I bought them. Bumper to bumper warranty means just that. Your vehicle shouldn't rattle. Sometimes things come loose (small interior trim clips, etc.) there are hundreds of fasteners holding everything in your car together. That's why there are warranties...to take care of the small issues that pop up.

Quick Reply: rubber seal on door making squeaking sound?