Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Ongoing Dpf issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 06:23 AM
Default Ongoing Dpf issues

Hello!

Bought a 2011 mazda 6 2.2d almost a year ago and when I left the garage the EML light came on. Been in and out the garage since then pretty much. Luckily my work has a garage so been getting work done on the cheap.

Basically its the dpf that's the issue. Error code P2463 comes up time and again. It's been regeneration countless times but keeps coming back on. So in the end I replaced the DPF with a new one and the light stayed off... For a month! Went on a long trip down to Glasgow and back and on the way back it came on. My understanding is that it clogs up with small journeys but obviously this time is came on in the middle of a 4 hour trip doing 60mph.

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be wrong? It's driving me insane. I love my mazda when it's running but this is turning me off it.

Thanks for any help!!

Old 03-12-2017, 06:24 AM

Forgot to say. Mazda goes into limp mode when the light comes in so there is no turbo and hellishly slow.