Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by cassincali
I too am having the same problem but was told that my fog lights were burned out and there is no power. My headlights do not come on unless I put on the high beams. Can someone tell me why this is? I am told that the only night lights that are suppose to be on are the little ones on the far right and far left. Picutures if possible.
The outermost lights are the low beams, the next set towards the middle are high beams, the next set are "fog lights" (not every car has them, so they may be very small running lights), and the inner most set should be the turn signals.

If your headlights only come on when you turn on the high beams, most likely your low beams are burnt out. There are instructions for replacing them in the owner's manual, and it is a very simple process (other than the space being a little cramped for getting your hand in there). I've done it many times, and once you're used to it, it can be done in just a few minutes.

As for the fog lights... I would verify that your car is equipped with fog lights, since as I mentioned before, not all cars have them (mine doesn't, but a family member's does). There will be a secondary switch on the turn signal lever for fog lights if they are available on your car.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fifty4F100
I just joined this forum just to fix this passenger side headlight low beam problem on my 2003 Mazda6. I think the whole right fender needs to come off. Who designed this POC? Looks like all on the drivers side is readily accessible. Is there not an easy fix for this? The owners manual says take it in to the dealership. For a headlight replacement??!! I have a rear brake light out as well. I hope it isn't this problematic!
Tell me about it... With a bit of pushing stuff around behind the passenger side headlight (i.e. the wiring harness which is tight against the back of the headlight housing and the fill tube for the windshield wiper fluid) you can create just enough room to get the back off and access the bulbs.