Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Some jerk HIT ME & now I'm having issues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Default Some jerk HIT ME & now I'm having issues...

I'd had my 2006 Mazda6 i less than 6 months when a guy slammed into me on the driver's side as I was pulling into a parking lot. Hit me right at the wheel, so the wheel was bent in at a 45 degree angle and there was bad body damage from the front fender down to the passenger door. I even had his front license plate embedded into my fender!

My insurance company found the guy liable, but the claim is still pending. Meanwhile, I decided to go with one of the shops listed in their "Circle of Excellence" program for the repairs. BAD move. It went into the shop on Aug. 24th and I just got the car back FRIDAY! They said it took a long time because supposedly a strut they needed was on "national backorder" and they also discovered a little piece that connects the airbag wiring from the steering column to the seatbelt was cracked. So they said they were waiting for Mazda to contact them and let them know if they could replace just that piece or if they'd have to replace the whole wiring harness. Not a big deal at 2 weeks in the shop. I started having issues with it after 6 weeks, though. Are they yanking my chain? 'Cause I hate having my chain yanked.

I also can't help feeling as though the car just isn't the same now. I really hate having something nice and shiney and new and then have someone f$%& it up. I think it ranks right up there with getting a new computer and then having a friend play on it and they download a virus.