Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 Check engine light and TSC/DSC light staying on

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Unhappy Mazda 6 Check engine light and TSC/DSC light staying on

Hi there,

I have a 2007 Mazda 6 2.0D Kumano, with 60200 miles on.
Driving home today my check engine light and the TSC/DSC lights have come on the DPF light flickered but then went straight off, but the car went into limp home mode.
I managed to get home turned the engine off and then back on the limp home mode seems to have gone off but the check engine and tsc/dsc lights are still on.
Does anyone have any ideas what this could be ?

Cheers Paul

Update : Went out to the car this afternoon started it up and all lights went out as normal. Drove 30 miles on it gave it a good blast down the motorway, parked up, came back out 3 hours later drove 2 miles and the same lights came back on again.
Does anyone have any clues ?

Last edited by pdw001; 06-24-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: updated
Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Default Hi Paul,

Hi,

I found your post over the internet looking for the same issues you had (Engine, tsc and DFP ligts on, Dpf Flashing; lighs off over night, come back after 20-30 km of driving; and also loss of power when light are on).
Also, I've noticed that engine temperature is lowering after the light are on.
I hope you could help me with an advice and let me know what was the issue, how it was solved and maybe the costs.
I'm going on Wednesday to service again, for the second time with the same problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers

Vlad

Old 12-09-2012, 02:20 PM

I found this on another forum:

"Flashing light finally started to give me a migraine, so reluctantly took it to Mazda.

In a nut shell they advised me that the DPF filter had become blocked to point where the car no longer tries to clean it.

They advised me that it had to go through a manual regeneration (I ASSuME that’s where they plug in a computer and click the "clean DPF" button)

Anyway job done.

Driving home after, I briefly thought the car was performing better!

Getting a higher mileage to the gallon!

Then it suddenly occurred to me, it was the £90 they had taken of me and hence lightened the load!

If there is any advice I can dish from this it would be.

1) When your car say "service me" get the job done quick!

2) Don’t buy a diesel if you don’t regularly use the Motorway / Freeway

3) If you’re as tight as me and drive like a granny - then Diesels with DPF's aren’t for you!"

Old 05-24-2022, 03:31 PM
Default Mazda 6 2016 sport

I found this thread because I’m having the same isssue can anyone please tell what cause them to have that issue and what can they do to fix it ?? Please or email me detwonespark@ gmail I really neeed help or advise

Old 06-09-2022, 03:26 PM
Default TCS/DSC Light and engine light on

Just joined the forum tonight to see if anyone having same problems as me. My Mazda 6 estate 2015 with 44K on the clock and regularly serviced has developed problems.
After a few miles the TCS/DSC light comes on and message display shows SCBS needs inspection. Later on in the journey check engine light comes on and Engine inspection required message is displayed.
When these lights come on the performance improves ! before that there is a significant turbo lag and and lack of power on hills . My local garage have put it on the diagnostics and done a deep clean, or whatever it's called .
It seems there is a problem with the lower turbo charger ( apparently there are 2).
Replacement costs are prohibitively expensive it appears . If the car had done a much higher mileage I could accept the need for replacement to some extent but at 44 thou the failure of this part is unacceptable in my opinion.
Not sure whether to try to part ex it and take a hit on the value or go for a replacement part . Any advice welcome.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:14 PM

Hi Richl,

I really hope you can help, I'm having the same problem with my Mazda 6 exactly as you described. It's a 2017 model with 50k miles. I have had it to the mechanic but he hasn't been able to pinpoint the problem.
Did you ever get to the bottom of the cause?

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaG
Hi Richl,

I really hope you can help, I'm having the same problem with my Mazda 6 exactly as you described. It's a 2017 model with 50k miles. I have had it to the mechanic but he hasn't been able to pinpoint the problem.
Did you ever get to the bottom of the cause?

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum
I suggest that you start your own thread this one is old and you may not get all the responses you are hoping for?
Each member that has concerns and service questions on forums should be their own thread.
Once you start one, a couple of use can ask the general staring questions needed specifically for your issues. And please don't use that you are have the same issue as the one on this thread it does not help you?

Cheers!