Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Fan control module campaign

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Default RE: Fan control module campaign

Strange.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Haven't had any problems with my wife's car after the fix for this issue.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 PM

is this campaign thing still working? my 05 6s has this problem.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Should be....just check with your dealership (give them the VIN# of your vehicle for them to know if you are in the affected group.)

Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM

i hear that variable speed happening when the car is in park and run for about 5 sec. after car is shut off. my question is what happens if this is let go and not fixed?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Default Fan Control Module

Have any of you out there heard of this same thing happening to a CX7 ? I have a CX7 that overheats after you turn it off. Not boiling over, but up to 248 degrees and smells like its burning and the temp gauge is pegged to the hot when you turn the key back on after its been off for 5 minutes. The fans never run just before turning off and after its off. Don't know if they ran before because its been doing this since Sept 08 and I can't remember. Never gave it a thought back then. The fans do run if it gets hot enough, and driving at 40-60 keeps it cool. Slow to 25 for awhile and the temp climbs to about 215.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 PM

Sounds to me like your thermostat isn't working properly. It shouldn't overheat like that.

Do you let your car idle for a little while before you key it off? You need to give the turbo time to cool down before keying the engine off.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Default Fan module

Thermostat? Wouldn't that cause overheating while driving, moving?

Yes, I do let it idle like 2 min before shutdown. Then shut down, wait 5 min turn key to on position and the gauge shows overheated.

It never did this before Sept 08. I have had it since July 06 and towed my seadoo trailer all over the place every weekend in up to 105 degree temps and it never did this.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Default Fan Modules on CX7

Just to let you all know.....I changed both fan modules and the fans now operate. Now if I drive up a long incline in 30 deg weather, idle for 2 min before shut off, the temp only climbs to 228. The fans do operate while in the 2 min idle period. They DO NOT operate once the key is turned off. When the temp climbs to 228 while key is off, and then turned to on position, the gauge reads in the same spot as normal driving temp which is 5 notches from the bottom. Where as before new modules, the temp gauge would be pegged to hot max.
The dealer told me they would not work on my car anymore about this issue, I think because the service manual says to check the sensor, relays, fan motors, and if all ok it must be the modules, but without a way to test them, so the dealer probably felt a $700 parts bill just to "guess" wasn't worth it so they opted to not fix it at all.
Since I had tested all the parts I figured what the heck its gotta be them, its all that's left, and it was the modules.
I will be in contact with Mazda legally to force payment.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM

Glad to hear you got it worked out...I'm sorry to hear it's been such a hassle.

BTW.....Alta is my favorite Utah ski resort (National Ski Patroller here.) I especially like the Alta/Snowbird connect.

Quick Reply: Fan control module campaign