Go Back   Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums > Mazda Vehicles > Mazda6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 AM

Default Electric window problems

I had a new battery fitted to my vehicle mazda 6 2.3 sport 2005 the other day now the electric windows does not work from the drivers door ?
The drivers window will work but not the one touch function and all the other windows work I'n the same way from each of the doors again with out the one touch function but will not operate from the drivers door.
Not sure if its related but the drivers electric seat also does not work ? You can hear the relays click as you slide the controls but the seat does not move ?
I had a Mazda 6 estate work car a few years ago and remember having the same sort of problems with the windows after the car went into to Mazda for a recall ?
But I cannot remember how I got round the problem ? I think it corrcted it's self over time.
If any one as any ideas about these problems would be much appreciated especially the electric seat as it's stuck I'n my position and my wife is a lot shorter than me which as been causing me greif with her as she cannot reach the pedals properly.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

id start the easy way, replace the fuse. Even though u can hear it click it does not mean that control side of it works correctly. If that checks out ok then the next step is have the window motor circuit looked at.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 AM

you have to relearn the driver window. start from up position and hold the down button until 2 seconds after its down. then roll it up and hold it till 2 seconds after its all the way. the seat is unrelated
Old 03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
2007 Mazda Mazda5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Money View Post
you have to relearn the driver window. start from up position and hold the down button until 2 seconds after its down. then roll it up and hold it till 2 seconds after its all the way. the seat is unrelated

What Big said

The seat is likely the fuse mate
Old 03-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Tags
2005, cx9, door, driver, electric, fuse, issues, mazda, mpv, problems, recall, shorted, switch, window, work