Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2012 Mazda 6 I Touring - Traction control issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 01:20 PM
Default 2012 Mazda 6 I Touring - Traction control issue

Hello

I have a 2012 Mazda 6 with 80k miles on it. Have had it for about a year now and I hate the car. The main issue i'm having is when you go to press on the throttle and want to go and you have the steering wheel turned it cuts the throttle and you get no power and after about a second it gradually gives you power. I have taken apart the air dam and cleaned the Mass air flow sensor and cleaned the throttle body which that was really nasty from never being cleaned by anyone else. After doing that about a few days later all of a sudden three lights come that have to do with the ABS and TCS. While those lights were on I was able to drive around without having to worry about not being able to make a turn and get caught out in traffic because my bitch car doesn't want to go.

This is the first time owning a vehicle thats equip with traction control so I know nothing about working on vehicles with traction control. The lights will go off on their own or even if you turn the car off and back on. The battery was checked for any bad connections. All I found was a few cells were low. Is this a typical thing with Traction control? Because I noticed this type of behavior in my moms VW Jetta when doing the same thing. Starting to hate traction control.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Replace the battery, then get a code check.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:49 PM

No need to go and waste money on a new battery. Filling back up the low cells with distilled water does the trick.

No codes pop up.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

You must know more than Mazda then. Good luck.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:40 PM

not sure if you got it figured out by now but I'd be looking at it being a bad wheel speed sensor or tone ring. You can inspect the tone rings for missing teeth but will need a scan tool to check abs sensors. Please dont throw money away on a new battery [eye roll].

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 PM

I'll give that a check. Need to get a odb2 that can check everything looking and found some cool ones that you can use with your cell phone with live data. I still haven't fixed it because it's rare this happens and when it does happen while driving I'll put it in neutral, turn the car off and restart it and the lights go away. So it has to be one of the two things you mentioned. I'm no pro mechanic but I know a bit, always something new to learn as our cars get more advanced. Thanks for the input.

Lol dont worry I didn't waste money on something that has nothing to do with my problem.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by 1337DirtAlliance
Need to get a odb2 that can check everything looking and found some cool ones that you can use with your cell phone with live data. \

For IOS, I use OBD Fusion app, generic ELM adapter, and then purchase the Mazda custom add-on for another $10 to get the dealer specific info (generic OBD2 live data will not show any info on ABS/Trac).

If you got an andriod then go with Torque.