Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2005 Mazda 6i Fog Lights, Engine Belt, Random Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Default 2005 Mazda 6i Fog Lights, Engine Belt, Random Concerns

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2005 Mazda 6i and have mixed feelings about the car. Appearance wise, the car looks really nice and the interior isn't that bad either, despite the fact that it doesn't have leather.

Engine Noise:
Besides the point, I have noticed some odd things about the 6. For starters, when the car is on there is an abnormal humming sound that comes from the engine. I believe it comes from the belts, but am not sure what is going on. I am kind-of a picky person and as you may guess this sound bothers me, so I was wondering if anyone know what may cause it. I was looking around on the forums and read that it may be that some oil drips on the belt and that makes the sound; yet I haven't noticed any drops on the driveway or the garage so I don't really think that is it.

Swaying left & right:
I was wondering if you guys have the same problem; I think it is because the car is so light that it does this, but I'll run it by you guys to see what you think. As mentioned above I have a 2005 6i and I've noticed that at speeds 65-80 the car sways like crazy. I don't know what happens... I am almost positively sure that it because Mazda's are well - I'll be honest, I myself have one so I am able to say it - cheaply made. It literally goes left and right and cannot handly high speeds. I was wondering if you guys have the same problem. If I get wider tires will this stable the car out at high speeds??

Fog Lights:
So I've been researching/looking around for possible fox lights for my car. (2005 6i 4.0 L) I went to the delearship first to see if they carry fog lights for the car, for I noticed next to the dimmer switch there is an empty slot where the lights would go. They do in-fact carry them but are highly overpriced at 200$ + an additional 100 for installation. So i decided to look online and see what I could find. The 2005 has a unique fog light cut. I read that if you have the sport model - which I do not have, you cannot put fog lights on ( or in essence the OEM fog lights.) Nonetheless, I was wondering if you guys have any ideas on which one would work. I am looking for the authentic look - not the scare cheapos that you can get at any store to stick unporportionally around the hole. I'm looking for the ones that fit the slot and clip into place. Any ideas?

I found these right here, they are replicas, but they claim to be OEM replacements..

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=6647

Thank you for any input! Emmanuel