Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.
View Poll Results: A poll
Pre-2006
4.95%
30.22%
26.37%
14.29%
12.09%
12.09%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

What year is your tire-eating Mazda5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Tyre Selection

From what I've seen... you can do much, MUCH better.....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ergy+MXV4+Plus

Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Good reviews but I have only seen one online site here in the UK selling them and they appear to be very pricey.
A lot of reviews seem to be critical of how the Michelin tyres handle in the wet.
Hopefully noy an issue for a 'steady' driver

Old 09-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Good reviews? Average at best, and expensive for what they are.
I would find something else if I were you.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion. My comments were about your recommendation of Energy+MXV4+Plus

Old 09-12-2008, 04:25 PM

Thinking about purchasing Toyo Proxes CF1

Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Default RE: What year is your tire-eating Mazda5?

I'VE JUST BOUGHT A 2008 MY 5, DOES THE PROBLEM STILL AFFECT THIS UK FACELIFT MODEL??

Old 11-01-2008, 12:47 PM

Problems, Problems, Problems - Took me nearly three years to get the noise from the rear straightened out. If the issue cannot be fixed one the first try I would suggest keeping a record and processing under the lemon law if your state has one. Overall for around town the gas mileage was not that great and after 25,000 miles I will probably need again a third set of tires. This car was a design mistake by Mazda. Do not buy one. It is not worth the money. There are better alternatives out there that will prove much more dependable and satisfying in the long run.

Also:

In September I made my Mazda 5 lease payment. The company mis-posted the amount and processed the check for $90.00 less than what it should have been. I made my October payment.

In the last 24 hours I have received four phone calls from very rude individuals who each have given me a different story as to why I was late $90.00. I responded to the first call prior to researching the issue and stated I would send the amount immediately. I was then called three more times after that and was told they did not have an automated system to record the first calls.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given the name of an individual who does not even exist in the company. I was given a fax number and faxed a copy of the check to that number. When I went to call the person I had faxed it too I was told he did not exist in the company. Eventually after four more calls I found that in fact the fax was received and the issue was being researched.

Conclusion undoubtedly the most rude, arrogant and dishonest company I have ever done business with. I personally would not buy any product from Ford Motor company in the future including Ford, Volvo, Jaguar, Lincoln etc. If you do I would strongly recommend not financing through either Ford credit or Mazda.

While the financial future of this company in tenuous they have decided to abuse the customer probably as a strategy to maintain a dwindling cash flow. I also will not do business with the dealer Scott Mazda in Allentown PA.

I have filed a report with the FTC re the harassment by Ford Motor Company by telephone. The number of calls especially given the amount was excessive. The manner of the call agents varies from passive aggressive to out right hostel. These are cruel nasty people. They seem to find pleasure in harassing their consumers.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Scott Mazda!!! I know them!! Didn"t they used to sell Nissan's, Chevrolet's or something else besides Mazdas? Yeah!! Scott Chevrolet!!
In any case I think they are a local dealer network owned by the same guy, or were. They have always had a shady reputation.
May I suggest you write a review, or two about them?
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...895098617526,1

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/P...44.oldNew.html

Old 11-29-2008, 09:23 AM

Jun 07. Mazda5 Furano 2.0D

23000 miles and 2 complete sets of tyres. Front are now worn on the outer edge and have had tracking and alignment checked today at ATS. All was within the Mazda recommendation. Clearly the issue is something else. Will contact Mazda on Monday.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:24 PM

I have a 2006 Touring model, currently at 60k miles on the second set of tires. My front right struts just went out. I regret that I've bought this car. The alignment sucks, couldn't get it right without modify it.

Quick Reply: What year is your tire-eating Mazda5?