Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Warranties and TSB

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Default Warranties and TSB

MY 2006 went off warranty 12 mos ago (miles) but recently I am seeing many SB coming out for my model year. Can I get the dealer to cover repairs since my car is now off warranty? I brought my vehicle in for various issues that are now on the SB before the warranty expired but they were either not addressed or not corrected. Examples are suspension noises, sudden jerking of engine under acceleration, moonroof wind deflector, etc...Many issues have been corrected by software updates, but these are not released to the public and require a visit to the dealer. Tks

Old 01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Default RE: Warranties and TSB

I dont know for sure, but I would suspect that any TSB's or Recall issues SHOULD be covered by Mazda at no charge, but regardless, that is a good question, and I would like to know the answer too just in case.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Default RE: Warranties and TSB

I tried to get some items fixed on my 2006 Mazda5 that were TSBs . Most important to me were the noisy suspension in cold weather and the rear doors sticking when the temperature is below freezing. My local dealer said that they can only fix those items if they can actually
test drive and experience the problems. Since I live in Arizona and the temperature rarely gets below freezing, I cannot duplicate the problems. In fact I have never had these problems. Therefore they won't act on the TSBs. My 5 has been completely trouble free for over three years - just oil changes. Even the Toyo tires have worn very evenly. So I can't complain but I am hesitant to take a trip with the car to a northern climate during the winter. I would like to know if TSBs are valid after the warranty expires in case I sell my car to my brother who lives in New Hampshire.
I expect to trade up to the 2009 or 2010 model this year. I hope that the new car will be as reliable.