Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Service Interval

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Default RE: Service Interval

Best MPG we have got out of ours on a trip to Weymouth and back from the Midlands was 40.something.

Mind you at least the trip computer agreed with my calculator.

We also got a nail in the edge of one of the rear tyres when it was 2 weeks old - paid about the same as you for the new one but was quoted £160-£180 some places !!!

PS How are your front tyres wearing ?? See my post in the tyre thread.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:01 PM

Well I'm really happy with my 2008 sport diesel. The MPG is now running at about 45-46mpg, trip shows 44.3 about right over it's life so far.

Car drives great, gears still a little notchy after 4500 miles. Tyre wear looks fine nothing unusual, same tyres size as my old Peugeot 406, prefered the Pirellis on that, but with tyre munchers I found Dunlops to be soft and relatively fast wearing, will watch this and may change to something a little harder if I don't get at least 25K out of each set.

Great car, needs to be driven carfully for good fuel economy, and that's nor easy with a car that is this much fun.

It's real easy to drop down into the 30-40 mpg range when driving @ speed, but stick to the speed limits around 70 and I get 45-50 mpg with lower results around town. And really bad on good driving roads , but I think that is probably me enjoying myself tooooo much.

To be honest the fuel economy is still improving as the engine slackens up a bit, will probably reach its best around 6K.

I did notice someone mention the Mazda garage @ Bolton are they any good the Wigan one was shut about the same time as I picked up my car [&o]

Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM

Hi, it was me mentioned Lythgoe Mazdaat Bolton. They have had my car for services1 and 2, and last week for the 37,500 serviceI tried a more local dealer, RRG in Stockport. What a difference in customer service. I shan't go to Bolton again.

I don't want to slag Lythgoe Bolton off too much on this forum, but they just haven't done anything which has impressed me at all. Only one visit to Stockport has made an impression on me, it was such a different approach completely.

Having said I won't criticise them, my biggest gripe about them was when the car went in for the recall fix to an engine mounting pipe, and when they gave me the car back they said they'd given the car a free "health check" and noticed it needed new wiperblades, and they had noted a few marks on the car. Well I knew there was one scratch on the drivers door, so was surprised to see noted on the form "panel damage" at the rear off-side of the car. I was bloody furious to find my rear bumper hanging off, which it most cetainly hadn't been when I'd dropped the car off. The really stupid thing was that the bumper simply clipped back on with a satisfying series of clicks, so why on earth had the garage decided to just tell me about the damage rather than simply clip it back on? A very cynical answer could be that they were hoping to charge me for a repair!

Strangely enough the dealer I bought my car from (Lythgoe in Oldham) closed weeks after I took delivery of my car - although they were just incompetent, I wasn't at all surprised when they shut.

Right, that's my rant over for today. I don't suppose it has helped you at all!

Dave.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:11 AM

We've been putting a few miles on lately. We had a trip to see friends on the Fens by The Wash, followed by a trip to see my Mum, by the coast in Pembrokeshire. We seem to be averaging around 45-46 mpg with the computer saying around the same figure. No problems with the car so far and still enjoying it. The only thing I've noticed is the engine oil level has risen slightly due to fuel entering the sump when the car regenerates the DPF. It's only a couple of mm so far and should be ok till the first service.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM

Nick

What sort of driving would you describe you were doing to achieve the 45-46 mpg ?

David