Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Rough Idle, stumbling no CEL (MIL) SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Default Rough Idle, stumbling no CEL (MIL) SOLVED!!!

As the title says, I had a rough idle and stumbling on take off. Seemed to happen after I replaced the battery. I think the battery replacement was a coincidence. I tried to perform an throttle reset but still had the rough idle and stumbling on take off. The rough idle was really evident when stopped at a stop light with a load on the car, and especially in the winter. My vehicle didn't have a CEL (MIL) and didn't have any codes pending. Things I did. I cleaned the throttle body. Still had rough idle and stumbling got a little better. I contemplated moving a set screw on the throttle body to bring the idle up, but was advised not to tough that. CAUTION I would not touch the set screw or try to adjust the throttle body in anyway. Next I searched the internet on rough idle and no CEL. Found a mention that it would possible be the oxygen sensors. I really didn't believe that could be it, but went in search of a set of oxygen sensors. I found the oxygen sensors on amazon for the pair for about $128. I installed the sensors and WOW stumbling and rough idle gone. So if you are trying to fix this problem, try the oxygen sensors. I hope this helps!