Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Remote Control Locking Just Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Default Remote Control Locking Just Stopped Working

Hi, just got home, pressed the Lock button - nothing. Came in house, got the spare key to try that - absolutely nothing. Can only assume the receiver inthe car failed. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had to lock the car by putting the key in the keyhole in the door, and turning it!! I've not done that for over ten years!

Dave.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Default RE: Remote Control Locking Just Stopped Working

Dumb question but are all your doors closed tightly? Mine did the same thing and I found one of the doors not to be closed tight enough.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:26 PM

ya, same question. I had problems and was totally confused. Turned out the hatch wasnt closed fully. Closed the hatch and problem solved - if you can call it a problem.

If all yoru doors are closed, then who knows. Safe to say its not a battery issue as you said both keys were problematic... Perhaps its a fuse? Thats what I would check first.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:31 AM

Well this problem only lasted a day. Next day it was all working fine. I think you might be right though, as I took a load of kids somewhere (as always), and when I got back, the remote locking worked fine, so probably one of the doors was notquite closed, and after a good slamming from the gang it all came good!

If it happens again I'll try going round every door to open and close and see if that sorts it. Thanks for the advice guys.

Dave.