Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Prospective owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Default Prospective owner

Hey all, the wife and I are seriously considering the new M5, especially for the money. However, we have a question.

It seems the difference between the sport and touring is 1700 bucks. Do you think getting a touring over a sport would increase the resell value at all?

The wife wants a moonroof and the cd changer which is like 1100 in options, so i was thinking of just biting the bullet and going with the touring. Also i really like the 2nd row pull out center console of the touring.

Either model would be a 5spd of course.

thanks guys!

They must be itching to sell these things, i didnt start negotiations on the price and they offered the sport 5spd with sunroof and 6cd changer for 18,700 msrp to us for 18,000 even.

Good start so far

Old 04-21-2006, 10:22 PM
MD5
Default RE: Prospective owner

I just bought mine on Monday. I found a dealer that went as low as $17,629 for an 06 Mazda 5 Touring in Carbon Gray with manual tranny. The next closest dealer was $18,600.

This was at Freeman Mazda in Irving, TX.

Oh, and to address your original questions, I would buy the Touring over the Sport again every time. I didn't think I'd ever use the moonroof, but I've used it almost every day except the last 2 days when it was raining. I'm not too impressed with the auto climate control, but then again this is the first one I've ever owned. I'm not so darn lazy that I can't turn the thing up or down myself. I really like the steering wheel controls for the radio and cruise! My kids really like the car (they are 7 and 10). So far, this is the best vehicle purchase I've made in a while.

Matt

Old 04-24-2006, 01:45 PM

I went for the Touring primarily for the moonroof and steering wheel controls, but also for the extra airbags and safety tidbits.

Dave

Old 04-24-2006, 02:58 PM

Definitely get the GT, the 3000 price difference is more than worth it, you get Moonroof, 17 inch rims, cruise control, Side and curtain airbags, leather wheel and shifter, fog lights and the easy close door system. In my book, the lack of airbags on the Sprot model rules it out as an option! Also all the add ons (except the fog loghts and spoiler) are not even available as options on the GS. Personally I like the ride of the GS with it's 16 inch wheels better , it's slightly softer!

Pierre

Old 04-26-2006, 06:29 PM

awesome, thanks for the replies guys

just fyi the stereo controls come on the sport standard though...atleast all the ones i saw.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:20 PM

I just bought one week ago. I'm still just breaking it in but it feels almost silly that the van has bigger rims than my SVT.

But I do certainly enjoy every aspect of it so far.. I'm sure I'll find things I don't over time. Just hope I don't.